Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got photos back

Hi all, well i don't know if was because of the cheap film or if jessops push the film , but all the photos that i took look over exposed and very grainy, this one was copied into corel, copied and pasted and merge mode was multiply(done that twice), looks better than it did, photo was taken through a 70-200mm zoom lens at 200mm F4 exposure was about 3 mins ( i still can't find my notes)

Persdouble.jpg

AL

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi James , Thats brilliant How did you do that?, I've been trying for at least an hour and the top one was my best effort, nothing i've got seams to do anything like that.

AL

sorry i took so long to reply, had to pick up the kids,. No i don't have photoshop i only have corel photo paint 8 and an old program called micrografx :)

Astroman i will try that next time

AL

James, I've got PS & would be interested in knowing how you got rid of the vignetting. Would it be possible to post an 'idiot's guide' on this thread?

Very nice shot, Al - and nice rework by James. As Astroman says, stopping down the lens can certainly help with vignetting problems.

I could of swore he had posted either here or in an email to us both before the star trailing email oh well sorry my mistake lol.. I will get to work on it tommorow morning and post here tommorow too..

James :oops: :)

well i had another go at another one you can just see andromeda and a plane trail :x still not as good as you yet james , still got to sort through the rest of them will let you know if there are any that would be worthy :)

And.jpg

AL

ah i see :) , the fist pic i posted was guided by hand for 2-3 mins, (can't be more exact, lost my notes :roll: ) but i am suprised how well i managed, i do know that that was through a 200mm lens and i thought it would be a mess of squigles :)

AL

As Andy has already said, those are impressive photos. But even more so if hand guided them.

The double cluster came out really well in the first one. And M31 is showing up nicely in the second. Excellent work!!! :):):):)

Russ

Why thank you :) , that make me feel a lot better as the other 34 are nowhere near as good .

raw1.jpg

what do you guys think really bad light pollution or jessops over exposeing/developing

or whatever they do :) . I cant understand why all the photos are like this regardless of the exposure/f stop , i think this one is about 30-40 sec.

and all the photos look grainy.

AL

Hi Al,

Had a quick play using Ant's method. Had to cut back the opacity to reveal the stars. So some of the vignetting is still apparent.

I'm just trying to work out what part of the sky it is? :oops:

image.jpg

Regards

Russ

I'm just trying to work out what part of the sky it is? :oops:

My guess would be around the deneb end of Cygnus - thats clearly the milky way, Can't see a star bright enough for Vega or Altair. and there seems to be a hint of :maybe: NGC7000 to the left of centre.

Thats a nice shot though AL, beter than my first, second, third, fourth.... you get the picture. :) excuse the pun :)

Anthony

Archived