SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42

brrttpaul

Hi Paul, Very nice image. I'm hoping to try this tonight from up on the moor, (can't get it from my house) what exposure settings did you use?

I'm using an ED80 and a ZWO 1600mm cool. Probably use unity gain.

Chris

TBH I,m learning myself and been trying out various things with it. im pretty sure i went with HDR  not unity gain, and I done it in RGB and Ha, the RGB  were 60 sec subs and the HA 300 sec. I went with HDR as unity gain was blowing the centre core out even at 30 secs

What a disaster last night, the wind,  Froze me to the bone setting up then I couldn't stay on any guide star it was so bad.  I considered just short exposures but by then I couldn't feel my fingers so had to admit defeat and packed up.

Clear night and no moon till 11.30pm, what a frustrating hobby eh!

Chris.

Tried again last Wed and the battery went flat after half an hour, Arrrgh!  Fortunately it stayed clear on the Thursday and I managed some 3 Hrs or so on the Orion Nebula.

20x20s Lum as suggested by Richard for the core

30x120s Lum @ 0 gain

20x120sec @ 0 gain for each of the RGB

Took ages to process and I've lost some of the stars somehow (but quite like it like that). Ill try and get some more data and try and sort the stars out at a later date hopefully.

Orion Nebula-2.jpg

Archived