Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bit of a nightmare last night

Wirral man

well had a real 1st chance of a good night and to finallyget to play with my new skywatcher star adventurer, but ended up a nightmare i mounted my d5300 with a tamron 16-300mm lens at 300mm and shooting andromada but i kept getting mist on the lens as it was cold how do i stop this??,

so had to keep wiping it then knocked the position of the camera so annoying and then to top it off the battery died which stopped me getting my dark shots,

the battery was fully charged to start with the en-el14a are poor for long usage ordered 2 more so sorry if seams like a moan just thought i share my experience from this i will definitely be better prepared next time there is so much involved to this hobby just hope it pays off!!

It's an out of the pan and into the fire situation, unfortunately.

I have tried adding a heater band to the lens which suppresses the dew but sadly creates so many hot spots the image is ruined.

I have a heat band around my battery holder which does improve the life.  When powering my mount by a battery I also have a heater band around it to extend the usa as well, but the dew on lens is the hardest to control

Archived