Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_smartphones.thumb.jpg.2c4c8c071da4f18cb4d5b9abc11d6e7b.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Hayduke27

Jan. 6th Conjunction

Hayduke27    240

I didn't think I was going to get to see this, as the weather was calling for cloudy skies.  However, I rose at 06:00 anyway, got my winter clothes on, grabbed my binoculars and headed out into the cold and snow to see what I could see.  Alas, I was rewarded!  The planets were higher in the sky than I had anticipated, and the viewing, though a little hazy, was plenty good for seeing the conjunction.  There were some nice views of the moon through the haze as well.  A nice way to spend a morning.  Did anyone else manage to catch a glimpse of this?

• Like 2

Stu    15,885

Missed your post somehow hayduke. It was a lovely sight whether naked eye, through binos or a scope. Glad you caught it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this