SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another clear spell

Pig

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good stuff, I regularly glimpse E in the 4" so you should be able to a little more easily. Once you see it, it will be easier to get again.

Got it ... right next to the “A” @  153 x mag using the SLV 5mm, the 8mm Ethos was not quite enough. Thank you once again Stu...... if I was a woman I would wed you ?

12 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

I was till I lost the feeling in my hands. A quick warm up and browse on here then I'll be back out, looking up until I'm numb again 

I must admit it is getting kind of chilly here now... I guess I spoke to soon earlier, back on with the hat and gloves ? after I have finished my coffee that is ❄️

Very blustery here :rolleyes2:

Some nice views of doubles with the Tak FC100DL - it's my skinniest scope so most "wind proof".  Having to grab quick glimpses between the gusts though. Not a very relaxing way to do things.

During the quieter moments the star images through the scope are really textbook in quality :icon_biggrin:

dubtypes2.gif

14 minutes ago, Pig said:

Got it ... right next to the “A” @  153 x mag using the SLV 5mm, the 8mm Ethos was not quite enough. Thank you once again Stu...... if I was a woman I would wed you ?

Nice one Shaun! I won't tell Mrs Stu ;) 

6 minutes ago, Kaliska said:

Its poor visibility here in north Essex right now, can only see the brightest stars at the moment. I have a brand new Espirit 80ED just waiting for first light here :(

I used to have the Esprit 80mm, great little scope and especially good for bringing out a stars colour. 

1 hour ago, Adreneline said:

Clear means something different in South Derbyshire. All pretty frustrating when you're trying to get 600s Ha and Oiii subs of IC443.

This is 90 minutes compressed into 6 seconds :(

MVI_7899.MP4

I tried playing it but it does not seem to be working ?

8 minutes ago, Pig said:

I tried playing it but it does not seem to be working ?

Sorry about that - I uploaded it as an mp4 as saved by the camera.

This is a .mov - if that doesn't work can you recommend a format that will work on here.

Thank you - and enjoy all 6 seconds of it - hopefully.

MVI_7899.mov

5 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

This is a .mov - if that doesn't work can you recommend a format that will work on here.

MVI_7899.mov

Unfortunately not ? but maybe someone else will pop along who can.

12 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

MVI_7899.mov

You can turn it into an animated GIF then it will run continuously in here without having to download it to view.

Dave

6 minutes ago, Pig said:

Well that’s me done for the night? and what a wonderful 7 hours it was. 

7 hours? Wow! Well done! :) I only managed a puny 2 hours compared to that, but I did see all what I’d planned to see anyway, so I can’t complain. ;) 

14 hours ago, Pig said:

Unfortunately not ? but maybe someone else will pop along who can.

14 hours ago, Davey-T said:

You can turn it into an animated GIF then it will run continuously in here without having to download it to view.

A gif version! First time I've done one of these :)

clouds.gif.a545d45e03934fe2350ae7ad2e6c5539.gif

I managed a couple of hours last night but the wind meant that there were simply barely any steady views to be had at 100x or more which sort of defeated the purpose of having a refractor that performs well at 3x that ! :rolleyes2:

Forecast is decent again tonight so I'll hope for less wind ........

Archived