Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

'Kelling' first pictures

centroid

Yesterday I made a 'day trip' up to Kelling, taking Roger (Celescope) and Trudie along with me, and what a great day we had. :smiley:

The weather was great, and the company even better. :bino2:

On Thursday and Friday night, the sky had been clear for them, albeit they were plagued by really heavy dew on Friday night, and a thick mist descended in the early hours. Even so, so some good images had been captured.

Last night we stayed until about 21.15 before heading for home. The sky was as 'clear as gin', and no real dew problems. The Milky way stretched like a misty carpet, across through Cygnus and beyond, and it was about as good as it gets in the UK.

As soon as it was dark, 'SGL corner' was a hive of imaging activity, and it was just a pity that we weren't staying the night.

SGL's resident 'camp cooks' (Greg, Steve (Kai) and Daz) did their usual magnificent job of 'feeding the masses'.

I had the opportunity of meeting some more SGL members, that I had yet to meet, namely Steve (Paxo), Kevin (Beyond Vision), Bob (Wobbly Bob), and Jon (thgttg).

My only regret is that I had to cancel my weekend there, due to my imminent trip to Oz.

I guess there'll be lots reports and photos, when they all get back home again, but in the mean time, here's a few photos to start with, plus some more in the following 'post'

Dave

post-13389-133877346913_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877346918_thumb.jpg

Archived