Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Snow

Singlin

Thats pretty extreme! I have a wooden prop holding up the middle of the inside of my observatory. I don't want the rolling roof to collapse under the weight of a sudden dump of snow while I'm not there. The most we had since I've been there is 0.3m overnight- could be enough weight to collapse the roof if not centrally supported?

Love to watch it snowing, but hate the stuff. 2 inches of it and i am house bound. I really need to look for snow chains for wheelchairs. I know they exist. Expensive and it doesnt sow much here.........bad investment. 

If it does snow heavy..........why leave the house.....................shop online.

30 cm should be fine on a garden shed roof.

After 50cm I would probably remove it. Our roofs are designed and built to take 4 meters of compact snow.

On my roll on and off Observatory I clear the snow off the rof otherwise it is too heavy to push.

9 hours ago, Singlin said:

30 cm should be fine on a garden shed roof.

After 50cm I would probably remove it. Our roofs are designed and built to take 4 meters of compact snow.

On my roll on and off Observatory I clear the snow off the rof otherwise it is too heavy to push.

I have large area roll off roof (3m x 3m) and also live in the mountains! A cubic meter of freshly fallen snow weighs around 160kg. So 0.3m x 3m x 3m x 160kg = 420kg hence why I have a removable central support in the winter. So far we only had one deep snow fall of 25cm in the begining of December.

Now that is what you call proper snow.  Don't suppose you could send that to Network Rail so they can see what snow actually looks like could you? :icon_biggrin:

I must say your colleague looks to be dressed somewhat more appropriately for the conditions if you don't mind me saying :eek:

Archived