Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's been a while...

Andrew*

When I got outside last night for a spot of observing, and saw how beautiful a night it was, I realised with horror that I had lost my red head torch. Still can't find it. :smiley:

So that fantastic sky was wasted from time to time every time I needed to write in my observing journal, pick a new eyepiece, whatever. Also my eyepieces were misting up all the time. This all started to get very annoying, so I thought I would frustrate myself further with a bit of imaging!!

The usual collection of delays and problems ensued, but after an hour or so of battling with everything, I had something like M27 on the screen. I was originally going to go for the veil nebula, but it was sooo faint on the screen I opted for something brighter. I was also going to use an OIII filter, but again it was far too faint on the screen.

I should have got some colour data, but decided it was more trouble than it was worth!!

Scope: ED80 @ prime focus

Camera: Atik 2-HS mono with CLS filter fitted

Data: combination of 30s, 60s and 90s totalling 31.5 minutes

8834_normal.jpeg

Hmmm.... I've just realised I seem to have picked up a ghost... :?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Nice to see you imaging again :smiley:

Sorry to hear about your problems - your ghost is more etherial than the ones I had lastnight :bino2:

These things are sent to try us I suppose... I have got the Priest coming round to try and exorcise mine later...wash the optics with some holy water....in the mean time I'm havign to rely on the the great god "Adobe"...

Billy...

Billy.....

Hope you manage to find your red headed torch Andrew. You managed to exorcise your own wee Ghostie, and the image came out quite well.

As helen advises, you must keep it going. Although I think that big Dob. may eat into your time, it would mine.

Ron. :smiley:

Archived