Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL1 broken finderscope ring

Hi All, and especially anyone who reads a newbies 1st post. I have  inherited a much abused telescope, that I have identified as a 1985 TAL1. I have used this over the years and know it produces great images. It has the original x3 Barlow and a 15mm EP, but no 25mm. After living outside in a box it is filthy inside and out (no tube cap so it is full of spiders, their victims and dust). I have found Astro Babys' guide to renovating the TAL1 however there is one fly in the ointment. One of the finderscope bracket rings is long since broken and the fragment missing (see photo). I am aware that the finderscope is pretty good so am keen to keep that. Before I try to cobble up a wooden or plastic pipe fix is there a replacement bracket option?

.....and as a supplementary question is it worth getting a 25mm and a 10mm EP and what would folks recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

2018-01-03 23.24.38.jpg

Archived