SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vixen ED103S or SW 100ED for SW AZ GTi mount?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used my ED103s on a Porta II and it was a great portable setup.

You realise we will all want and expect full unboxing photos!

Here's a pic of my ED103s..I replaced the standard tube rings and handle with a Takahashi FS102 clamshell so I can put the ED103s on my Tak mount if I want to.

Dave

IMG_20170828_104456558.jpg

Well I'm not entirely sure I'm getting anything at the moment. When I looked on FLO"s website this evening, both this scope and the 115mm cousin, were unavailable. Perhaps it just means the newer version is coming? I shall find out tomorrow perhaps.

Great news about the portal II btw... I do rate it as a mount. 

1 hour ago, osbourne one-nil said:

Well, I'm going to be getting the new version SD103S as opposed to the ED103S. I think the difference is the sticker is white, not blue, and the writing on the dewshield is rotated 90º. 

I'm excited!

Sounds excellent Piers!! I can see why you are excited!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/01/2018 at 11:23, osbourne one-nil said:

Well, after all that, I've gone and got an "as new" Orion Optics VX6L. Why have a 4" apo when you can have a "potential" 6" apo for a fraction of the cost! Apparently it's got a 20mm secondary, but that's got to be the minor axis....otherwise I've gone and bought myself a 4" reflector!

Hi. 

How did you find the performance of the vx6L? 

Thanks 

Mark 

Archived