ES 82 DEG VS Sky Panorama 82 DEG faceoff

icebergahed

Hi

I just wanted to get peoples take on these 2 eyepieces.

In particular the sky panorama as i have found it on sale at half price.

However i wouldnt want to compromise on major quality if it happen to be the ES is alot better.

ES in 11mm

Sky panorama in 15mm

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Wheres it on sale? if it's half price it's probably hard to go wrong unless you have a fast scope which can be tougher on the edge correction? What f/ratio is your scope?

Hi its at

https://www.tringastro.co.uk/sky-watcher-eyepieces-104-c.asp

I have a f10 Nexstar 6SE

Would it be on par with the ES?

Thanks

The ES is the better eyepiece in a faster scope - very close to Nagler performance. The 15mm Panorama would be OK in your F/10 but if you ever get a faster scope.....

My guess is the Panoramas are discounted because they have not sold well. The range never really took off IMHO.

28 minutes ago, icebergahed said:

Hi its at

https://www.tringastro.co.uk/sky-watcher-eyepieces-104-c.asp

I have a f10 Nexstar 6SE

Would it be on par with the ES?

Thanks

Would be fine at f/10, but as john said, it depends on future scopes. Not bad for £79 though, I I've got a feeling they would be similar to the Celestron Luminos which I personally like in which case they may have better eye relief than the ES82's but not quite as good image quality. I personally find the ES82's a bit tight on eye relief and I struggle to see the full field of view unless my eyelashes are touching the eye lens, but they are nice and sharp down to about f/5. 

It's also worth looking for deals on celestron Luminos and old Axiom stock if on a budget.

3 hours ago, Lockie said:

Would be fine at f/10, but as john said, it depends on future scopes. Not bad for £79 though, I I've got a feeling they would be similar to the Celestron Luminos which I personally like in which case they may have better eye relief than the ES82's but not quite as good image quality. I personally find the ES82's a bit tight on eye relief and I struggle to see the full field of view unless my eyelashes are touching the eye lens, but they are nice and sharp down to about f/5. 

It's also worth looking for deals on celestron Luminos and old Axiom stock if on a budget.

Agree, the Panorama appear to be another rebadging of the Luminos line which has gotten mixed reviews.  On the other hand, the Nirvana line are the same as the WO UWA line and have been praised over the years.  They are generally considered to be equivalent to ES-82s.  In addition, even on sale, the Panorama are still more expensive than the Luminos are over here at regular price.

Archived