Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 27/12/2017

AsAstronomy

Hello,

I would like to present my sketch for old year 2017. It was Jupiter, which I observed as part of the eyepiece William Optics SWAN 20 mm test. It was 27 December at 5:30 to 6:10 UTC. Jupiter looked amazing even though it was only 45x. :)

IMAG0749.jpg

You've caught some interesting detail in your sketch Matthew, which isn't easy with Jupiter's position at the time of your drawing. The best is yet to come as far as Jupiter is concerned and I'd be very interested in seeing more of your sketches as it gets higher. It appears to me that you have a very keen eye, as indicated by the intricate detail in your sketch. It is encouraging to all of us who sketch at the telescope to see the work of others, but it also encourages others who don't sketch, but just observe, to take a careful look and seek out the more subtle features along the belt edges and in the zones as depicted in your observation.

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much :)Sketching astronomical objects is a beautiful art. I know, I have good eyesight and I do not have any vision defects. ;) 

09/05/2018 - at 00:39 AM Jupiter in opposition :)Thank you for your interest in my sketches.  Saturn is my favorite planet for solar system.

Impressive sketch given how low Jupiter was at the time AsAstronomy. Teasing detail out of it currently is not easy. Do you notice that GRS was virtually central by the time you finished your sketch?

IMG_6013.PNG

That's how I saw the Great Red Spot as it moves over the "surface" of Jupiter. The sketch was sketched for about 10-15 minutes. The stripes of clouds are visible immediately and the Great Red Spot after a while with filters. As I started this Great Red Spot was like the sketch at the end actually was in the center of Jupiter's "surface".

Best Regards

Matthew 

Archived