Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars 02/01/2018

AsAstronomy

Welcome everyone,

It is my first post for this forum. I am interested astronomy from four years and first telescope I bought two years ago. I was started sketching a few months ago.

I want to present my sketching for Mars. Mars seen through my telescope Sky-Watcher 114/900 in magnification 180x. I live in Poland , that's why seeing is not very good.

Date of Sketch: 02/01/2018
Object (give designation, name etc.): Mars
Equipment: SW 114/900
Magnification: 180x
Sketching Medium:.white paper, HB pencil
Object Type (DSO, Solar, Lunar, Planetary, etc):Planetary-Mars
Conditions: Mostly clouds

IMAG0724.jpg

4 hours ago, AsAstronomy said:

Welcome everyone,

It is my first post for this forum. I am interested astronomy from four years and first telescope I bought two years ago. I was started sketching a few months ago.

I want to present my sketching for Mars. Mars seen through my telescope Sky-Watcher 114/900 in magnification 180x. I live in Poland , that's why seeing is not very good.

Date of Sketch: 02/01/2018
Object (give designation, name etc.): Mars
Equipment: SW 114/900
Magnification: 180x
Sketching Medium:.white paper, HB pencil
Object Type (DSO, Solar, Lunar, Planetary, etc):Planetary-Mars
Conditions: Mostly clouds

IMAG0724.jpg

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for posting your excellent sketch of Mars. At only 4.8 arc seconds its not easy to pluck out of its tiny disc any meaningful detail, but with the longitude of the central meridian at 05.00UT being 290.5°, you've caught a nice view of Syrtis Major in the south along with less obvious detail in the north. I really look forward to seeing more of your Mars sketches as the apparition progresses.

Superb! :thumbsup:

Hi Matthew,

Second post I think, there was one on 27th December?

Getting that level of detail from Mars when it was only around ten degrees above the horizon is quite amazing, very difficult when you are looking through so much of the dense atmosphere.

Stu

Archived