Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My wife wanted to buy me a Jacket

souls33k3r

I took the money and bought SGP instead :D

My wife doesn't know it yet but i'm super sure i won't be feeling the love for a good long time when she finds out. 

Money wisely spent? remains to be seen ;)

I've been a MaximDL guy, will still use it though. Only thing which i don't like about SGP is the PHD guding. I guess this dog will have to learn the new tricks now.

If i'm still alive by the time my wife finds out what i did with the money, i shall report back.

Maxim has worked beautifully for me and there honestly was no need for me to pull the trigger but i felt like the rare breed who still used Maxim while everyone moved on to SGP. 

Felt a loner when talking to other fellow astronomers and then getting their eye brows raised every time i used the word "Maxim".

Now i'm "IN" with the crowd, the new generation. 

Yes, the above is supposed to be my speech for the wifey ... i still don't see my life 3 months from now :D

Just now, Galen Gilmore said:

At first I thought you said "SPG", which is an acronym for self propelled gun. I was worried for a second there...

What does SG pro do exactly? I haven't heard of it and I'm curious.

SGP or Sequence Generator Pro is an image acquisition software which for the price you pay for it is amazingly good. It is a complete package for astro photographers (minus the processing). Framing, mosaic planning, sequencing, focusing, automation, plate solving ... you name it and it does it

More on it at www.mainsequencesoftware.com 

1 minute ago, souls33k3r said:

SGP or Sequence Generator Pro is an image acquisition software which for the price you pay for it is amazingly good. It is a complete package for astro photographers (minus the processing). Framing, mosaic planning, sequencing, focusing, automation, plate solving ... you name it and it does it

More on it at www.mainsequencesoftware.com 

Nice.

Sounds like a heck of a software.

Should have bought the jacket. Simply you may think the world revolves around astronomy but I suspect your wife does not. Very likely she will think her gift was wasted.

And there is SG Lite which is free.

9 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Oh it sure is. It's worth is weight in gold. Look at it this way, it's about 23% of the price of MaximDL and pretty much does everything on a much nicer and modern interface.

Wow, I just took a look at their website. For only $99 US, it seems awesome. I would get it, although I feel as if it would be wasted on me, lol.

The free version I will definitely get, because even just the sequencing is powerful.

8 hours ago, Galen Gilmore said:

Wow, I just took a look at their website. For only $99 US, it seems awesome. I would get it, although I feel as if it would be wasted on me, lol.

The free version I will definitely get, because even just the sequencing is powerful.

Yesterday was the first time i jumped in to the world of SGP. Setting up is pretty straight forward and very easy to use. I guess i would be equally comfortable using it as i was using MaximDL but with a bit more kick to it :)

On 02/01/2018 at 16:01, LightBucket said:

Or for Linux there is Kstars and Ekos, which does all and more than SGP and its FREE..!! :)

True - but there are several learning curves needed for that stack - not just SGP! :)

14 hours ago, daz said:

True - but there are several learning curves needed for that stack - not just SGP! :)

Well it had been my experience that learning how the Linus OS works has take just a short while as it’s pretty much the same layout as the old win XP, very simple, Kstars and Ekos also were much easier to get to grips with than SGP, so altogether I actually think it’s a quicker learning curve, than SGP.... and in my short time using, much more stable too, just my opinion having used them all :) 

Archived