SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC281 Pacman Neb CPC800 @ F6.3 Modded 350D 15x240s ISO1600

Psychobilly

Modified the setup since lastnight

Barlowed up the 66 (x2) and Reduced the 8" to f6.3 so the guiding is a lot better also re-collimated the 8"

Here's the first of the night ...

15x240s @ ISO 1600 moded Canon 350D CPC800 @ f6.3 (FL=1280mm) Hutech IDAS LPR

Guided DSI IIC on SWE-66 Pro at f12 (FL=800mm)

8822_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Got a few more targets planned :smiley:

Billy...

Next tonight... NGC457 The Owl Cluster

Thanks John,

I'm fairly happy that I havent screwed the collimation up too badly as there is soem nice detail in there. I also think the revised guiding setup is better... Air wasn't stable enough for me to make the final collimation tweaks on Vega earlier so i'll have to do the final tweaks again...

Billy...

Thanks Kev,

That was a very quicik rework I am pretty sure there's more to come out of the data - the trick I have been missing...

Working on the RGB channels individually...

The next trick...

Is to create a false L and then re-combine...

AAARRRGHHHHH...... :withstupid:

That is great processing, and a great image. You have captured a lot of detail. The C8 certainly brings you a lot closer that the wide field setup! I guess I'll have to make an attempt sooner or later with guiding my newt...

Hi Glenn thanks for the comment:)

As I have been a wide-field man I have normally been guiding the "66" at F4.8 with the 8" at f6.3 so the focal length ratio was 320:1280 which makes for very good guiding...and no worried finding guidesatrs with the SCT normaly getting loads of stars at 1s exposure.

Last weekend I tried the 8" at F10 guided with the "66" at F6 the first night (FL Ratio 2032:400) but was much more successful the second night with the 8" at F6.3 and the "66" at F12 (FL Ratio 1280:800) which seems to give fairly acceptable results even though I had to use up to 4s exposures to get guide stars ( I don't like off setting the two scopes even though I can do it).

Thanks Jamie/Barry...

I have skipped a lot of the steps I normaly use so will go back to the original stacked and un-processsed tiff and work through it from the begining again over the weekend. and tehn do the same for all the iamges I haev taken with the modded camera...

I just had a quick play with one of my IC1396 images starting with the low res jpeg and the results looked promising... so I think I might have a productive weekend even though its going to be raining all ...

Billy...

Archived