Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Blazar

Clavius & Moretus - Heading to the South Lunar pole

An image of the mighty Clavius. One of the larger craters at 225KM in diameter. A very impressive walled plain that contains an arc of addition craters diminishing is size from 55KM (Rutherford) down to 12KM (Clavius J). Moretus is further towards the pole, and is around 114KM. It has a great central peak rising to 2700m) and numerous terraces. The tops of other craters can be seen towards the horizon, and the south lunar pole.  Captured with a ZWO174mm (using a 642IRBP filter), on a Celeron Edge1100HD and CGEMDX mount. Image capture was via OACapture, stacked in Autostakkert2, Sharpened in Registax, finished in photoshop. This is an inverted image, as I find I can make out more detail this way.

large.5a491825eb821_ClaviusMoretus.png.c

Full Size viewable on Flickr

Edited by Blazar
adding full size option
  • Like 4

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      yesterday evening, I started observing the moon and sketching crater Copernicus even 15min before sunset. The contrast on the moon wasn't perfect yet, but on the other hand the contrast on the sketching paper was better - no need for LED.  Copernicus with its prominent ray system is wonderfully appearing on the full moon but this time I just concentrated on the 96km crater itself:

Telescope: Celestron NexStar 127SLT
      Eyepiece: ExploreScientific 6.7mm/82°
      Date & TIme: June 12th, 2019 / 2130-2230 CEST
      Technique: Koh-i-Noor chalk and charcoal pens on black sketching paper
      Size: appr. 30x30cm
      Looking in my filed skeches, I figured out that I have visited Copernicus five years ago. Here's a comparison of the two sketches showing some changes in technique:

Clear skies!
      Achim

• By Miguel1983
      Hi,
      since i started work on my observatory there hasn't been much time for AP, but since lunar photography is done in minutes i had a go yesterday.
      Gear:
      SW AZGTI with the Skymax127 and Sony A6300 and Baader Neodymium Moon & skyglow filter.
      100 frames taken and 50% used to stack in autostackerd.

• By barkingsteve
      c925 and 294mc pro bin 1  with ir/uv cut filter. 2 panel mosaic best 25% of 1,000 .   Had to convert to jpeg as i keep getting an error 200 when trying to upload a larger file. ( 50+ mb )  clicky for full rez.

and a few with the 385c camera with neodymium filter and mostly barlowed.

• By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Posting in this forum after too long!
      One of the first attempts at taking photos of the moon.
      All photos taken using skywatcher 90mm refractor with eq2 mount, Nikon DSLR and 2x Barlow here and there.
      No exposure.
      Basic editing in cellphone.
      Thank you! Suggestions highly appreciated!

• By rob_r
      Another clear evening on Saturday near Preston, Lancashire. Although, it was pretty cold. 

7 shots into this one (plus one dark), stacked within Photoshop and some level adjustments to brighten it up a little.
      Camera: Canon 600D
      Scope: Skywatcher 127 w/AZ-GTI mount
      ISO: 800
      Shutter speed: 1/400s

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.