Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Time to say goodbye :(

JimT

17 hours ago, JimT said:

Update on the CGE Pro, took the clutches off the axis NOT working and found nothing wrong when I took the cover off, dry, so booted up and ran and it, a click and slowly it started to turn the cogs and eventually ran smoothly, placed the cover back on and all is well.  So it appears that my mount is in one piece, just the 11" RASA to look at, I did have the power going into it before I realised it was waterlogged so may have burnt out the fan and cooling system, am sure that can be replaced so not too much expense there.  Whilst the sun is out I best get on with the roof and sort that out before I do anything else  :)

Excellent News... mate, I'm now hanging to see your first image after this disaster recovery....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news Jim. I've been following the thread from the start; fab advice and support you've been getting, and really good to see that you should manage to recover everything without too much permanent damage. Well done for hanging in there.

Take it easy with that chest infection, nasty things.

Good luck!

• 8 months later...

Hello all, long time no see, almost nine months, a lot has happened in the time and not all good.  I left the observatory as is and just forgot about it, walked away and decided to concentrate on upgrading the garden, getting a conservatory built and having a stroke, all in all a busy time for me.  Today I decided to open the observatory, fighting my way through cobwebs and anything else that decided to make a home, opened and closed the roof and took a general look around, all looks well, electrics have been working away all this time but not on the pier.  Okay, a cleanup and see what I have to do to get hardware and software working together in the next few days, hopefully not too many problems for me, will come back soonest to let you know  :)

JimT

Archived