SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Bristol UK

Big Steve

Hello,

I've been lurking around here for the past 3 months since I bought my Skywatcher 200P-DS and HEQ5.

I bought a Star Adventurers back in April had great fun with that and my Nikon, so pushed the boat out. My first additional purchase was a coma corrector as all the stars around the edge of my frames looked like weird comets. My first trip out was my most successful (as per attached pic), since then I have been taking big steps backwards and little steps forward :-)

Luckily I had played around a bit with my Star Adventurer as the various bits of software seem to be as much of a challenge as the imaging, steep learning curves all around me.

For Christmas I received an Orion Magnificent Mini Autoguider package. I've had a couple of attempts at using this but so far not brilliant, I'm sure it's a work in progress.

Looking forward to being a sponge and soaking up lots of knowledge. At some time in the far future I hope to be able to give something back.

Happy new year all,
Steve

My 1st night out.jpg

It was indeed my first nights imaging, sadly I think I peaked on day 1. Since then, nothing worthwhile. Lots of learning but nothing even close to that good :-(

I was chuffed with it. I have been steadily frustrated ever since. I must accept that I must learn to crawl, then walk and finally run. 

54 minutes ago, Big Steve said:

It was indeed my first nights imaging, sadly I think I peaked on day 1. Since then, nothing worthwhile. Lots of learning but nothing even close to that good :-(

I was chuffed with it. I have been steadily frustrated ever since. I must accept that I must learn to crawl, then walk and finally run. 

Hi Steve, I will be embarking on my journey of astrophotography once I get my bits. I've bought a secondhand ED80 and plan to get a heq5 pro mount. I have read loads of things about this combo and now it's possible to get a WiFi dongle to attach to the mount to control with phone! From what I know in theory, the mount is the ultra critical part of the set up. But clearly from your photo, your set up works! Perhaps experienced astrophotographers on SGL can advise you 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Steve, welcome to SGL.

You have some nice gear there and for a first image that is magnificent. AP is a steep learning curve and contains a lot of dips in the road, but this is the place to be to get both advice and encouragement. Looking forward to seeing your future offerings.

Archived