Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Light Pollution Petition

rockystar

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is quite a good petition in that it asks them to reinstate The All Parlamentary Lighting Group and create a National Light Policy as opposed to just banning or stopping something. I must admit I’m surprised we don’t already have a National Light Policy already.

We're 5 hours from the States' first designated dark sky site, and it's been infiltrated by fracking operations. The corporation negotiated and agreed to certain limitations, but even the traffic they generate 24/7 has noticeable effect. And when our street light finally went out in a storm we were celebrating until a neighbor called to have it fixed. And round and round it goes...:hmh:

It’s a nice initiative, but petitions like this are unlikely to yield sustainable results.

I’d strongly all amateur astronomers to support the Commission for Dark Skies https://www.britastro.org/dark-skies/

The CfDS works at local and national levels, including with the govt and lighting industry, to raise the problem of night blight that so many of us face. 

Jeremy

Archived