Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Esprit testing on Orion

alexbb

Happy to see the stars again last night, though cirrus clouds were everywhere. With some luck I got some (short) time with lower cloud density and I pointed the scope towards the Orion. 32x30s usable longest subs, 15x10s for the core and I also used 14x20s taken on the 25th to remove the big halos caused by the brighter stars seen through clouds. I could not expose longer, I only had my DSLR and my EQ5 mount, no intervalometer.

The second picture contains some narrowband data I had, which I added in a very small amount to the RGB image. Ha as red and O3 as G and B. This is taken through another lens and it is just an experiment.

The scope seems to perform very well. I can't wait to see what I can get in proper conditions, but it seems that I have to wait a while for this.

Clear skies!

Alex

M42-F400-2017-12-27-RGB-p02.jpg

M42-F290-HOO-F400-RGB-2017-p01.jpg

4 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Looking good. Is this a first light with the Esprit?

Thanks! Sort of, it's its second time it sees the stars, though very short both times. I didn't even have time to look through it.

Archived