Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from the lakes

cumbrian stargazer

Hi everyone,hope you all had a great christmas and the big man brought you all you wished for,am brand new to all this so will no doubt be asking a lot of questions.  I did manage to get out last night and view the moon through my 8" skywatcher dobsonian and have attended a couple of viewing nights at my local club,Look forward to picking your brains to get more out of this wonderful hobbie , best wishes Neil          forgot to say i live in Ambleside in the lake district UK

Welcome to the SGL family.

Lakes, lovely spot, Ambleside, nice spot too.

Do you you get a dark sky or are you in the town?

Ask away, no silly question, only silly answers from us lot.

Remember everyone on here started observing at some point and we will have had a similar journey.

Thank you for the welcome everyone,yes i do get a dark sky as i keep my scope at the local rugby club on the edge of the village and very few street lights,easy to setup and step inside and keep warm.Hope to be able to set up laptop and take photos in the future but a bit of that at the moment,take care Neil

Archived