Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings

MikeJames

hi Everyone - been reading as a guest since receiving a most welcome christmas gift from my OH - a Celestron PS1000 and decided to join.

got it set up and given the skies were clear last night gave it a go - i need to get the spotter scope more properly aligned but we did mange to get the moon in focus with a 22mm eyepiece without the 3x Barlow lens and it was fantastic to see.

I really like the sound and feel of this forum so looking forward to picking up as much info as possible  - had a few set up issues with minor movements which I'm sure I'll resolve with trial and error.

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum,Re your spotter scope this is best set up in daylight

Pick the most distant object you can see and find it in your scope,lock your main scope, and then fiddle  with your

spotter until you can see the same object lock everything off and check all is good    remember to enjoy this wonderful

pastime

Seasonal Greetings to one and all               Robin 

On 12/30/2017 at 01:07, Zayvin said:

Hi Mike!

Not a million miles from me.

Andy

Hi Andy - I lived in HG1 for 13 years before settling in Leeds - plenty of dark places out and about around there for low LP gazing! 

thanks for the welcome

mike

Hi, Mike, and welcome to SGL.

I would echo Robin's comments about setting up the finderscope in daylight. Alternatively, the moon is a great object with which to get it 'close' (bright object which 'glows' for several degrees around it), which will make it easier to get spot on when you move to a star.

Archived