SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Esprit 100 Feathertouch Focuser

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has fitted a feathertouch R & P focuser to an Esprit 100 scope.

I think this is the one that is compatible 'FeatherTouch 3" R&P Focuser FTF3015BA'. From what I can see an adapter would be needed to attach the focuser to the OTA and an end cap that is compatible with the flattener.

Would be interested to hear anyone's experience if they have this focuser fitted to the Esprit 100.

Andy.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just out of curiosity Andy what do you find wrong with the original one fitted to your Esprit? I'm only asking as I have the 120 ED Esprit and would like to know how they compare.

Until recently the focuser has been fine. Then I changed my filter wheel from SX USB wheel to a ZWO wheel and added a ZWO OAG. Since then when the drawtube is racked out its sticking in places, which is throwing out my auto focusing. I've spent some time adjusting the focuser with the hope of resolving the issue, but want to explore the feathertouch as an alternative option.

Andy.

Hi Andy

I don't have the Feathertouch on mine, but I have an Atik One + OAG + Atik GP on my 100 with the r+p and it's absolutely fine. I use the StarSharp motor focuser on mine.

Doesn't really answer your question, but I can't imaging the weight difference between my rig and your ZWO would be that different...

4 minutes ago, daz said:

Hi Andy

I don't have the Feathertouch on mine, but I have an Atik One + OAG + Atik GP on my 100 with the r+p and it's absolutely fine. I use the StarSharp motor focuser on mine.

Doesn't really answer your question, but I can't imaging the weight difference between my rig and your ZWO would be that different...

Yes I find it odd as my asi1600 is about 400g, EFW is also about 400g, OAG around 700g and say 1kg for flattener. So total of 2.5kg and round up to 3kg to be on the safe side. Not particularly heavy.

I have a Lakeside motor focuser unit connected and can see the drawtube sticking when the focuser moves out.

FLO have sent me a video showing how to adjust the tension on the pads that support the drawtube. I've done that and hope to test auto focusing again next clear night.

Andy.

• 3 years later...
On 28/12/2017 at 00:02, Andyb90 said:

Yes I find it odd as my asi1600 is about 400g, EFW is also about 400g, OAG around 700g and say 1kg for flattener. So total of 2.5kg and round up to 3kg to be on the safe side. Not particularly heavy.

I have a Lakeside motor focuser unit connected and can see the drawtube sticking when the focuser moves out.

FLO have sent me a video showing how to adjust the tension on the pads that support the drawtube. I've done that and hope to test auto focusing again next clear night.

Andy.

Hi Andy

I sent FLO an email regarding the video you mentioned about how to adjust the tension on the pads that support the drawtube of the Esprit focuser, but they said that they didn't know anything about it.

Do you have a copy of this video, possibly you could send me a pm regarding this.

John