Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setting circles - quick lists?

Mr niall

Hello there

Well I’ve gone all low tech for a while and am using a Skymax 90 on an Eq1, once I’d realised that the sticker for the wedge was at least 5 degrees out (thank goodness for Polaris!) I have to admit I’m having quite a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, I’ve noticed the only way to maintain the setting circle on RA is by using the slow mo only to move between targets; I’ve always just used Altair in the summer and beetleguese in the winter for bigger mounts but I’m doing a lot of spinning now between targets so I was wondering if such a thing exists as a quick guide of stars dotted around the sky that I can use as a shortcut for moving around? Ideally something small I can print and laminate and throw in the observing bag.

and yes - the setting circles seem to work well on the eq1 (?shocked gasps!) as long as you don’t mind a bit of fishing when you get near! :headbang:

ps Skymax 90 - cracking scope, having a whale of a time!

Archived