Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What EP for around £75

I am looking at improving my EP collection. I have the kit 25mm and 10mm supplied with my Skywatcher Explorer 150P reflector along with its X2 Barlow. I also have a 40mm Meade Series 3000. All are 1.25 inch. The clarity of the Meade is an absolute joy so I want to start upgrading the kit I have.

I am unsure whether to replace either of the kit EP's are go for an intermediate such as a 15mm EP.

What is a good EP for £75 or so and what would YOU choose if you were upgrding?

Thanks all.

Matt

The Meade 3000 are really very good (especially the Japanese ones) :smiley:

Telescope House have a used but decent Meade 3000 16mm in their "returns" section for a lot less than your budget. As you enjoy the 40mm in that range why not grab the 16mm and still have change for more ? 

If you're buying new I would buy one and a half starguiders. On the second hand market you might be able to find an ES68/82 within budget. 

Long term I would plan to replace all of those eyepieces. The kit ones aren't great and the 40mm Meade will have an AFoV that is a bit narrow for my liking. Of the eyepieces you have the 10mm is the weakest so I would start by replacing that first. 

The plunge has been taken. Thanks to those good folk at FLO, I will soon be the proud owner of an Explore Scientific 68° Maxvision 28mm 2" Eyepiece and an BST StarGuider 60º 8mm ED Eyepiece.

Lets see how it goes!

Archived