Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7635 - Bubble Nebula

RichieJarvis

I decided to revisit my fav DSO of the hour tonight - The Bubble... I decided to see what difference my new Astronomik filters and the Atik filter wheel would do...

Here is the result - I think there is definately alot more definition in this version!

The difference between this and my last one is that the Luminance layer was taken in Ha, and the RGB.

Details:

8 x 600 second Ha

8 x 150 second R

8 x 150 second G

8 x 150 second B

SXV-H9 on a 6" Newtonian

Guided with a WO ZenithStar 66

8761_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice work Richie, a fine capture.

The salmon colouration you have is typical when using Ha as a luminance layer.

To avoid washing the colours out when usinh Ha luminance, you have a couple of choices.

You can add as a luminanace layer in the normal fashion, but then reduce the opacity to 50%.

Boost your hue/saturation a little, then add the Ha again as a second luminance layer, again at 50%.

Tweak the hue/saturation again to taste.

You can keep on doing this until you're happy with it.

I use this approach a lot.

Another way is to add the Ha to the red channel.

Get your red, convert or make sure that it's greyscale, then add the Ha as a luminance layer, play with the opacity until you're happy, then flatten the layers and use this as your red channel.

This works very well for bringing out the star forming regions in galaxies.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Guys!

Brympton - Absolutely - that EQ6 is working like a DREAM! I am consistantly getting less than 0.5 pixel drift whilst guiding - I couldn't ask for anything more! Thank you very very much for selling it to me - I owe you a beer for that mount sir! Was sorry to hear about your OO problems as well :smiley:

Rob - gotcha - I'll give that a shot and repost it here.... Thanks for the tip

Cheers,

Richie

Archived