Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Ahgii

What adapter should i get to connect my DSLR to a reflector.

Hello, i got my Cannon 750D few days, and im thinking of buying some adapters so i can connect it to my telescope. Will a T2/1.25 eyepiece projection adapter and a T2/EOS adapter enable me to connect the 2 together? Also im wondering why a piece of plastic and some metal is so expensive :)))).       -Ahgi, Clear skies!

33 minutes ago, Ahgii said:

Will a T2/1.25 eyepiece projection adapter and a T2/EOS adapter enable me to connect the 2 together?

Just get one of these, https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/canon-eos-t-ring.html

and then one of these to screw into it https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/t-adaptor-1.25.html#SID=26

personally i would not bother with the eyepiece projection adapter,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JemC said:

Just get one of these, https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/canon-eos-t-ring.html

and then one of these to screw into it https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/t-adaptor-1.25.html#SID=26

personally i would not bother with the eyepiece projection adapter,

Yep..............these will work just fine.

• Like 1

Agree with the above, eyepiece projection is completely dependent on the eyepiece.

What scope do you have? Most Newtonians above a certain F-ratio don't have enough inward focus travel to focus for a DSLR in prime focus. If that is the case then you can attach a Barlow to extend the focus point, or move the mirror up the tube to reduce the focal length.

HTH

Edit: Never mind, I just realized that your signature says you have an Astromaster 130. You should have no problems with focusing as it is f/5. :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Galen Gilmore

1 hour ago, Galen Gilmore said:

Agree with the above, eyepiece projection is completely dependent on the eyepiece.

What scope do you have? Most Newtonians above a certain F-ratio don't have enough inward focus travel to focus for a DSLR in prime focus. If that is the case then you can attach a Barlow to extend the focus point, or move the mirror up the tube to reduce the focal length.

HTH

Edit: Never mind, I just realized that your signature says you have an Astromaster 130. You should have no problems with focusing as it is f/5. :icon_biggrin:

I do have a barlow lense just in case things don't go as planned and i can't focus, but is not having an eyepiece gonna reduce my magnification power compared to what i can see with my eyepieces normally? I want to do mostly planetary since my motor drive broke.

Edited by Ahgii

2 hours ago, Ahgii said:

I do have a barlow lense just in case things don't go as planned and i can't focus, but is not having an eyepiece gonna reduce my magnification power compared to what i can see with my eyepieces normally? I want to do mostly planetary since my motor drive broke.

If your going to be doing lunar and planetary work then prime focus should still be the way to go. Add the Barlow in and shoot video using the movie crop function, stack in a stacking program and you should be good. Of course things get more in depth and frustrating then that, but that is the basics.

10 hours ago, Galen Gilmore said:

If your going to be doing lunar and planetary work then prime focus should still be the way to go. Add the Barlow in and shoot video using the movie crop function, stack in a stacking program and you should be good. Of course things get more in depth and frustrating then that, but that is the basics.

So, for prime focus, i didn't find T adapters, only T2, will that work? A T2-EOS adapter, and a T2-1.25.

2 hours ago, Ahgii said:

So, for prime focus, i didn't find T adapters, only T2, will that work? A T2-EOS adapter, and a T2-1.25.

I don't know what a T2 is? The two links that @JemC gave you should work fine with your camera.

3 hours ago, Ahgii said:

if that is the supplier you are going to use then do not get the one you linked to,
get one of these https://www.omegon.eu/t2-rings/omegon-t2-ring-canon-eos/p,2416#tab_bar_1_select

and one of these https://www.omegon.eu/other-adapters/omegon-t-2-to-1-25-nosepiece/p,33230#tab_bar_1_select

and you should be good to go,

Regards

1 hour ago, Galen Gilmore said:

That is not the right adapter for prime focus. I assume that is for attaching 2" eyepieces in a 1.25" focuser.

well, the EOS adapter is for T2 as well, and the other one is T2, 1.25, so i don't see what the diffrence is, it's just a diffrent type of connection, the camera still gets connected to the telescope one way or another.

1 hour ago, JemC said:

if that is the supplier you are going to use then do not get the one you linked to,
get one of these https://www.omegon.eu/t2-rings/omegon-t2-ring-canon-eos/p,2416#tab_bar_1_select

and one of these https://www.omegon.eu/other-adapters/omegon-t-2-to-1-25-nosepiece/p,33230#tab_bar_1_select

and you should be good to go,

Regards

I linked u that just as an example, i wasn't going to buy that exact model. -Clear skies, Ahgii.