Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Ahgii

What adapter should i get to connect my DSLR to a reflector.

Recommended Posts

Hello, i got my Cannon 750D few days, and im thinking of buying some adapters so i can connect it to my telescope. Will a T2/1.25 eyepiece projection adapter and a T2/EOS adapter enable me to connect the 2 together? Also im wondering why a piece of plastic and some metal is so expensive :)))).       -Ahgi, Clear skies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, Ahgii said:

Will a T2/1.25 eyepiece projection adapter and a T2/EOS adapter enable me to connect the 2 together?

Just get one of these, https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/canon-eos-t-ring.html

and then one of these to screw into it https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/t-adaptor-1.25.html#SID=26

personally i would not bother with the eyepiece projection adapter,

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JemC said:

 

Just get one of these, https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/canon-eos-t-ring.html

and then one of these to screw into it https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/t-adaptor-1.25.html#SID=26

personally i would not bother with the eyepiece projection adapter,

 

Yep..............these will work just fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the above, eyepiece projection is completely dependent on the eyepiece.

What scope do you have? Most Newtonians above a certain F-ratio don't have enough inward focus travel to focus for a DSLR in prime focus. If that is the case then you can attach a Barlow to extend the focus point, or move the mirror up the tube to reduce the focal length.

HTH

Edit: Never mind, I just realized that your signature says you have an Astromaster 130. You should have no problems with focusing as it is f/5. :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Galen Gilmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galen Gilmore said:

Agree with the above, eyepiece projection is completely dependent on the eyepiece.

What scope do you have? Most Newtonians above a certain F-ratio don't have enough inward focus travel to focus for a DSLR in prime focus. If that is the case then you can attach a Barlow to extend the focus point, or move the mirror up the tube to reduce the focal length.

HTH

Edit: Never mind, I just realized that your signature says you have an Astromaster 130. You should have no problems with focusing as it is f/5. :icon_biggrin:

I do have a barlow lense just in case things don't go as planned and i can't focus, but is not having an eyepiece gonna reduce my magnification power compared to what i can see with my eyepieces normally? I want to do mostly planetary since my motor drive broke.

Edited by Ahgii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahgii said:

I do have a barlow lense just in case things don't go as planned and i can't focus, but is not having an eyepiece gonna reduce my magnification power compared to what i can see with my eyepieces normally? I want to do mostly planetary since my motor drive broke.

If your going to be doing lunar and planetary work then prime focus should still be the way to go. Add the Barlow in and shoot video using the movie crop function, stack in a stacking program and you should be good. Of course things get more in depth and frustrating then that, but that is the basics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Galen Gilmore said:

If your going to be doing lunar and planetary work then prime focus should still be the way to go. Add the Barlow in and shoot video using the movie crop function, stack in a stacking program and you should be good. Of course things get more in depth and frustrating then that, but that is the basics.

So, for prime focus, i didn't find T adapters, only T2, will that work? A T2-EOS adapter, and a T2-1.25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahgii said:

So, for prime focus, i didn't find T adapters, only T2, will that work? A T2-EOS adapter, and a T2-1.25.

I don't know what a T2 is? The two links that @JemC gave you should work fine with your camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ahgii said:

So, for prime focus, i didn't find T adapters, only T2, will that work? A T2-EOS adapter, and a T2-1.25.

if that is the supplier you are going to use then do not get the one you linked to,
get one of these https://www.omegon.eu/t2-rings/omegon-t2-ring-canon-eos/p,2416#tab_bar_1_select

and one of these https://www.omegon.eu/other-adapters/omegon-t-2-to-1-25-nosepiece/p,33230#tab_bar_1_select

and you should be good to go,

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galen Gilmore said:

That is not the right adapter for prime focus. I assume that is for attaching 2" eyepieces in a 1.25" focuser.

well, the EOS adapter is for T2 as well, and the other one is T2, 1.25, so i don't see what the diffrence is, it's just a diffrent type of connection, the camera still gets connected to the telescope one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JemC said:

if that is the supplier you are going to use then do not get the one you linked to,
get one of these https://www.omegon.eu/t2-rings/omegon-t2-ring-canon-eos/p,2416#tab_bar_1_select

and one of these https://www.omegon.eu/other-adapters/omegon-t-2-to-1-25-nosepiece/p,33230#tab_bar_1_select

and you should be good to go,

Regards

I linked u that just as an example, i wasn't going to buy that exact model. -Clear skies, Ahgii.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Eichan
      Hi all,
      I own a NEQ6 mount and EQDirect cable, but the RJ45 version. The NEQ6 uses a DB9 port, so I got an adapter but I need to wire it myself. See attached picture of my adapter + EQDirect. I am quite unsure how to wire my adapter. The first diagram here should tell me how, but I'm still not sure I get it. If I look at the EQDirect adapter (see attached close-up), it looks like on pin 1 & 2, when the diagram says there should be ground there. Also someone in an INDI forum told me I could ignore the 12v pin as it would be supplied by the mount, but the RJ45 actually seems to have something on those pins.
      It's tempting to just look at the wiring of both adapters and trust the colors, but I'm afraid making mistakes here might damage the mount...
      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      EDIT: I own this RJ45 to DB9 adapter. Would any of the proposed wirings in this document work for my need?


    • By Abhinav
      Can I reach focus with a DSLR and a focal reducer like with a barlow because my telescope does not have enough inward focus .
    • By AstroRuz
      A second hand Canon 450D that has had the IR filter and anti-aliasing filters removed. This is known as the Full-Spectrum (or naked sensor) modification.   This enhances the camera's sensitivity to Hydrogen Alpha wavelengths greatly. Ideal for shooting emission nebulae, as well as making it a great candidate for Hydrogen Alpha filters.   The camera has been modified by myself. It includes the camera body itself, body cap, battery, charger, plug, strap and I'll throw in an EOS-T2 T ring.   Bit of cosmetic wear to the camera as to be expected.   Note: removing the IR filters means that you'll need to add an astro-friendly IR filter back into the imaging train. This is usually achieved with filters like the Astronomik CLS-CCD filter (for example). Just check the description and make sure it has UV/IR cut.   £150 + £11 Postage (Royal Mail Special Delivery)








    • By uhb1966
      While doing darks, i realized one of the darks was a bright white. i was rummaging behind my newtonian w/ my headlamp on. Looks like light can pass thru the gap around the mirror?! What is the best way to avoid that?!
      Best, U.
    • By KevinPSJ
      M51. Skywatcher 150P with Nikon D3200 at prime focus. EQ3-2 mount with RA motor. Unguided. 10 x 30s subs - aligned and stacked with DSS into a 2min 30s exposure at ISO 800. Post-processed with Startools - binned, cropped, stretched and colour balanced.
      This is an updated processing of previous image posted here. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.