Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Astrodon 3nm delivers! (Cone to Rosette in Ha)

MartinFransson

I recently bought an Astrodon 3nm Ha filter for my new mono camera. It was half price so I couldn´t resist and 2 nights ago I got to try it for the first time. Yep, it delivers! The image was a breeze to edit. The only thing I have to fix is a backfocus issue (I think) that gives me elongated stars in the corners.

So, this is 44*5 minutes with the ASI 1600MM-Cool and the Astrodon 3nm hooked up to a Samyang 135mm lens @f/2.8. My guider malfunctioned so I thank the short focal length for allowing me to shoot 5 minute subs :)

Can´t wait to catch some OIII to make a bicolour version!

Oh, I forgot - no darks, flats or bias frames used since I haven´t made them yet :D

Ha_integration_44x5min.jpg

11 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I'm wondering if I can somehow slip any of this under the radar and onto the scope without it being noticed!!

I've just been on-line for the same reason, Sara - I can only find the lens in the States with my quick look but surely it can be bought over here (or over there in your case!). Edited to say Doh! minor change to search criteria and bingo available in the UK as I suspected!

Archived