Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Zayvin

Sky Safari 6

For anyone interested, the Sky Safari crew have released version 6. It is currently at 50% discount :thumbsup:

I have been Beta testing it and it is great. The big pain for me has been when trying to sync the app and the eyepiece having to keep looking at the iPad or iPhone to hit the nudge buttons. On this version if you hold it flat and tilt it you can nudge without having to look away from the eyepiece. That alone to me makes it worthwhile.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, m.tweedy said:

I have been Beta testing it and it is great. The big pain for me has been when trying to sync the app and the eyepiece having to keep looking at the iPad or iPhone to hit the nudge buttons. On this version if you hold it flat and tilt it you can nudge without having to look away from the eyepiece. That alone to me makes it worthwhile.

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to trying it over the Xmas period, skies permitting!

I already have the V5 for IOS, and I am not able to remotely control my AZEQ5 mount connected via  SynscanWiFi .. I will only then uograde, when the function is available in the updated version V6,:icon_albino:!!

Edited by artem

On 23/12/2017 at 08:07, artem said:

I already have the V5 for IOS, and I am not able to remotely control my AZEQ5 mount connected via  SynscanWiFi .. I will only then uograde, when the function is available in the updated version V6,:icon_albino:!!

The Synscan WiFi was developed without the knowledge of the developers of Skysafari. It needs two Apple products to connect. The details are in the help of the WiFi App. I used my iphone to connect to the app and the ipad to Skysafari. It works. Andriod use a different system and it can work on the phone alone. I wrote an article on it in another thread.