Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everyone

AstroRoger

Hi everyone,

Im new here and I am hoping to pick up a few points and tricks in here. 

My set-up is a NexStar 8 SE, Starsense, NexGuide and a ZWO ASI 170 MC colour camera. I use a Mac Book Pro. 

Any tips on how to get the best out of this setup would be much appreciated. 

Tried to use the Astro Imager in Live view today to watch the moon and it was a complete failure :( No detail, just a big white blob 

So that is me and my start so far :)

1 hour ago, Galen Gilmore said:

Hi Roger! welcome to SGL. It's a good scope you have, unfortunately for us Mac users it's hard to find free/cheap software, but there are ways around it.

What software do you find working best with MAC then? I am using the Cloud Makers software that I bought on App Store. Astro Imager, Astro Telescope etc..  

8 hours ago, AstroRoger said:

What software do you find working best with MAC then? I am using the Cloud Makers software that I bought on App Store. Astro Imager, Astro Telescope etc..  

I use photoshop and Lightroom on my Mac. A very good alternative though is GimpShop, which is free.

I run Windows on my Mac using boot camp, that allows me to stack my images via DSS (Deep Sky Stacker).

Hi Roger, welcome :hello2:

On my MacBook Pro i tend to run quite a few things through Parallels (bootcamp). I even find quite a lot of software just runs better under windows then the Mac version, if it even has one.

Andy

On 12/22/2017 at 17:41, Zayvin said:

Hi Roger, welcome :hello2:

On my MacBook Pro i tend to run quite a few things through Parallels (bootcamp). I even find quite a lot of software just runs better under windows then the Mac version, if it even has one.

Andy

Thank you :)

I think I'm investing in a windows machine. Im finding it very irritating that my OS is in the way of a good experience. 

Archived