Narrowband

Atlas of the Moon

Rautospoon

Just purchased a nice copy of the original edition of the Atlas of the Moon by Antonin Rukl on eBay for the princely sum of £20.38 and wondered what are the differences between that and the later revised and updated 2007 edition ?

Many thanks.

53 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's a great book I have the one below. For the price you paid it's a bargain, just take a look at the prices on Amazon.

Product Details

Yes I've seen them and those on Amazon.com and Abebooks !!

What is the "jist" of the preface to your revised edition ?

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

My addition was published 2004 by Sky publishing group. It says originally published in the Czech Republic in 1990.

So have you got the original version?

Mine is the the 1992 (Astronomy) edition by Kalmbach Publishing.

In the 2004 Sky Publishing edition the maps are reproduced with a blue colour cast rather than the original green.  Also the page numbers are no longer white on a red background.  Both measures were designed to make it easier to read the book under red light.

PS You picked up a real bargain there.

39 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

In the 2004 Sky Publishing edition the maps are reproduced with a blue colour cast rather than the original green.  Also the page numbers are no longer white on a red background.  Both measures were designed to make it easier to read the book under red light.

PS You picked up a real bargain there.

Cheers Michael I didn't know that.

Good that people can get copies still. The S&T moons maps give a very usable version of these (don’t have to jump between pages). The maps are essentially the same as Rukls moon,mars and Venus book of many more years back.

peter

Archived