Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher alt az mount

charliehorse

Hy guys dug out my old non working mount and found the wires on rj45 board have corroded and come adrift 12v dc was easy to reconnect but there is also a brown and a white wire not sure which way round they go if any body can tell me or a picture would be much appreciated (not syscan) type cheers in advance 

I made up one of these Bluetooth dongles with a couple of level-changing resistors, and the "Virtuoso" app on my tablet will control my Virtuoso 90 mount, with essentially the same electrical interface as my Synscan V3 handset, from my Skymax 127 setup.

Bluetooth and WiFi have different protocols and drivers, but, are really just different methods of transferring serial data streams over a wireless link running in the 2.4GHz ISM band. Provided that the "intelligent" software in the PC/tablet/handset is able to communicate with the microcontrollers in the mount, the conduit for that communication should not be important.

Geoff

I opened up my Skywatcher Skymax 127 mount to have a look, and check on the state of the wiring.

Does this help?

5a3ce5722b1d1_RJ12wiring(Annotated).jpg.7d173676c0e1a3bf77cca4aa5ed74984.jpg

5a3ce8242104e_externalconnectors-rear(Annotated).jpg.6d548fdb7d7e46aef875721804057036.jpg

I was not impressed by the poor strain relief on the cable bundles.:hmh: I think I will warm-up my hot-melt glue gun and add some support near the joints.

Update: hot melt glue in place, mount re-assembled and working.

Geoff

Archived