I'm looking for a clip on style red LED light - can anyone help?

Hi, this doesn't specifically concern scopes, but would be useful when using my scope so this seems the most appropriate place to ask - hopefully that's ok, apologies if not.

I'm after a smallish clip on or easily mountable red LED light, preferably usb powered although battery only would probably suffice if necessary - the sort of thing that would offer a bit of illumination in low light scenarios.  I've done the usual, google, amazon, ebay, but am not really turning up much of interest.  But I figure this must be something that other stargazers use from time to time so I'm hoping someone might have a few leads for me.  

This is the sort of thing I have in mind (but providing red light):

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdUQoBIwYEqPTskIS_k

I've considered bike lights, but they are not really ideal as they don't offer the movable neck, and would probably be too bright.  And yes I already have a red torch, but I'm after something hands free that I can mount where needed and switch on and off as needed.  Any thoughts appreciated!

Wow, thanks all, what simple solutions!  Glad I asked on here!  I already have some red insulation tape so will give that a go and if it's too much I'll get some nail varnish - thanks for the help!!!

Archived