Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need a load more subs and less moisture

Psychobilly

Ah well another battle between cloud,security lights trees and dawn trying to get an early HNN Shot

Only managed 3x360s that were anywhere near useable and really only 2 of those should have been use as the score was half that of the best frame in the last sub...

Anyway thats the excuses out of the way...

Here's the latest early season HNN a roughly 40% crop for full frame

8741_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Billy...

Thanks Karlo :smiley:

FWHM has "slipped" from 3.6 to 4.4 over the few frames star count had halved so needs better conditions cant wait for better placement later in the year.

I only get about 60 mins between the trees for the imaging at the moment which makes it even more frustrating when you lose a few "precious" subs :bino2:

Billy...

Billy, you are too hard on yourself, I would say it is a great image given its location at present and given the fact you are imaging through the murk. Just think what you will be able to achieve given a better placement later on in the year. Camera is certainly picking up loads of Ha. What scope / lens were you using.

Brendan

Thank all

John.... FWHM - Full Width Half Max - is a sort os a measure of the "Resolution" of the image - the lower the better..

Brendan... It was a crop from a full frame taken (about 45% crop from the center ) taken with the 350d on the Skywatcher Equinoxe-66 Pro William Optics FFIII combo.

Glenn... It's just so frustrating because I have been up at 4am all week trying to get some subs for this target...as it comes into view at about 4.45 and disappears again about 6

Billy...

It was early towards dawn on the meridian.

To give you an idea the meridian runs almost smack bang between the trees in this pic...so its pretty useless low to the south becasue of the very short view I get of objects to the south and the fact i can't get very low either - a lot of gems are outside my FOV :bino2:

8746_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hoping for better conditions over the next few nights to add to the image collection...

this mornigns efforts weren't helped by the bedroom curtains beign opened and the lights turned on to see if i was in the OBS :p

And I forgot to turn the security lights off so lost a few subs to my own LP :withstupid:

Ah well all good fun :smiley:

Glenn... It's just so frustrating because I have been up at 4am all week trying to get some subs for this target...as it comes into view at about 4.45 and disappears again about

I respect your commitment :-) I have "access" to the Orion between some power lines and my house aproxemately 40 minutes in the morning right now; don't expect much from me. Im more of a "cepheus" person :-)

Archived