SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M1 - osc+Ha

Adreneline

My first attempt at M1 : 24x300s RGB using the 414ex-osc plus 8x600s Ha using the 428ex-mono ; aligned and stretched in PI using ArcsinhStretch and merged in PS. I also took 8x180s L but it didn't seem to be adding as much detail as I had hoped so I opted not to include it in the final image.

5a37dd46a9e45_M1-oscHa.jpg.ed1765421d588085c9872f732cb99de0.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

7 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Nice. I like the red Ha lines in the middle of the cloud you've captured.

6 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Really nice result

4 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Nice detail..especially the veins.... well done.

3 hours ago, andyo said:

great shot well done

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback and comments.

I don't get much of a window of opportunity on this target (and M42 come to that) as it passes between some trees and the house roof!

The initial osc image was quite good much to my surprise. I only added 20% Ha to the Red channel in Lighten mode using PS. Not sure why the Lum data didn't add much - maybe I over stretched it, or I didn't have enough data - or both! There's always another night - sometime.

Thanks again.

Adrian

Hello Martin.

3 hours ago, MartinB said:

Was this with the ED80, if so that is a cracking result because it is a small target. 

Yes, I was using the ED80DS with the Atik414ex-osc. I enhanced the osc image with Ha taken using the Atik428ex on the WO-ZS71.

IMG_6709.thumb.JPG.2a9e636d3a618e991a8414b460257493.JPG

It was an exceptionally clear night here - most uncommon - and I managed to get everything focussed up really well with FWHM figures around 1.0 - lower than I had before. I used a trial of APT to focus instead of using Artemis Capture or SGPro before I started imaging and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. I just can't get on with the SGPro HFR averaging system.

Immediately after this I took 60 minutes of Ha of the Horsehead and was again delighted how clear it was.

I wish it was like that every night!

Thank you for looking and for the kind comments.

Adrian

Archived