SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33 processing help.

Really need some help with this, its my first attempt at processing with APP, have a taken it too far? Color balance is very hard when using a CLS filter and so I am not sure if this is anything like what I should be expecting from this target. I have said it before.....but I really am no good at processing galaxies.

550D, 225 x 120s @ISO3200 + FLATS.

130PDS.

5a37000700e7a_Intergrated_and_LP_corrected_M33colorlayerprocess8.thumb.jpg.247e1cd3ee9150e0ab4233b76ac35344.jpg

Hi Adam,

You would have to pick one of the harder targets to process correctly :)

It is over saturated as the blue is masking the outer arms of M33. Also, the red stars have a red halo. Other than that it is a lovely image. Dip the blue and sharpen the arms and you will have a great image.

What I tend to do prior to processing is have a look on the internet for examples of the images you have taken and see which you prefer and process accordingly.

Steve

1 hour ago, xanthic said:

It would be worth your while getting or printing your own 18% grey card and then creating a custom white balance for the CLS filter. It takes out some of the hard work in getting the colour right.

I always thought that the flats taken though the CLS filter would do about the same thing?

1 hour ago, sloz1664 said:

Hi Adam,

You would have to pick one of the harder targets to process correctly :)

It is over saturated as the blue is masking the outer arms of M33. Also, the red stars have a red halo. Other than that it is a lovely image. Dip the blue and sharpen the arms and you will have a great image.

What I tend to do prior to processing is have a look on the internet for examples of the images you have taken and see which you prefer and process accordingly.

Steve

When you dip the blue a did you mean something more like this or even less saturation?

5a37f1bfd060f_Intergrated_and_LP_corrected_M33colorlayerprocess12.thumb.jpg.fd88a910ff26ffdea6a5f3f556e7b9a8.jpg

Archived