Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flame with short data

DaveS

Only managed to get minimal data last night due to cloud and wanting to turn in early, still feeling under the weather. Just 50min Red, 40min Green and 30min Blue in 10 min subs. Was going to try for 60 min each but the clouds had other ideas. Had to apply a linear gradient reduction to each sub before stacking, then more gradient reductions after stacking and after Trichromy. There was a residual corner that wouldn't come clean so cropped it out. Multiple careful histo stretches and noise reduction.

5a36d768e5d2e_FirstRGB.thumb.jpg.6243d2da15df9016bb9ffd169a878960.jpg

I'm *still* having flat trouble, as you can see (I thought I'd knocked the black down enough but either the JPEG or forum software is mucking it up)

Was it worth it? Barely, this was the first imaging night where I felt well enough to make use of it. Pity the humidity was so high as to cause Alnitak to bloat all over the place.

I do like your framing, I don't think I've seen the flame get its own image before, so I look forward to seeing it completed. Very difficult to process these things without decent flats, so I hope you get them sorted!

Thanks Shibby

Yes I need to sort out my flats, something very strange going on, hope it's not in the camera.

The framing was pretty much forced on me as I still had the system at 910mm fl from when I was imaging Stefan and Deer, the FoV only encompassed the Flame and Alnitak.

I'll keep it there for the moment and see if I can improve things. Maybe get some HII to add in.

Archived