Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Hi everyone.
I'm back, and trying again to get a decent DSO photo! :)
This is my personal favourite so far, so I must be getting better! haha
Still a long way to go with the processing skills, but I'm sure I'll get there.

23x Lights - 120 Seconds - ISO800
20x Darks
20x Flats (Yes!  I've started to use these!!)
20x Bias
Processed using Photoshop and ProDigital Astronomy Tools

Hope you like it. :)
Thanks, Mike

M31 Andromeda 15.12.17.jpg

• Like 11

Nice detail in the dust lanes. Looks a tad green on my tablet, but nice all the same. Looks like you've achieved your goal.

• Like 1

Just now, Stargazer33 said:

Looks a tad green

It is. :)  It was a tad red before... I'll figure out the colour balancing one day.
But I'm happy with what I've managed. (Secretly over the moon, as its my favourite one I've taken so far in my early days in this Astrophotography game)

Thats the spirit....   I still get that feeling of 'Wow' when it all turns out and those hours of freezing yer nads off in the garden pays dividends.

I'm liking the dust details as well.....  well done.

Sean.

• Like 2

I had totally forgotten that I had this green removal tool installed. :)

I've run it on my master copy, and it is indeed less green now! :)

Looking good so far. Yes there is a tinge of green, which can be removed as described earlier in this post. You can also fix this by slightly reducing the green channel in your RGB levels. Not as effective as HLG in photoshop or it's equivalent SCNR in Pixinsight. But better than nothing :)

Steve

Looks better. I think there is still a little residual green in there, but I like it! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NeilDMunro
      Hi,
      I have been attempting to update my SynScan V3 Hand Controller from V3.08 to latest version. Handset bootloader is V1.7.
      Unfortunately I just get the message “Can not connect to SynScan hand control”. I have looked at numerous forums and tried everything that has been suggested (including older versions of firmware installer), but getting nowhere.
      I am using a Skywatcher SynScan USB Adapter (purchased from Bristol Cameras) and installed the driver from the Skywatcher website. The adapter shows in the COM ports and says it is working properly.
      I have tried different computers (Win10 and XP) with no joy.
      Can anyone help, or is there anyone in North Aberdeenshire that has successfully updated their handset willing to give mine a go (once travel restrictions, etc ease)?
      Thanks
    • By merlin100
      The first two photos were taken using my BST StarGuider 3.2mm ED EP. The middle one was using a 25mm MA EP. The last two were taking with a 10mm MA EP. 
      I was just holding the phone to the eyepiece, using the zoom and exposure compensation. I have no control of the ISO with this phone, even using the Open Camera app. 

• By ScouseSpaceCadet
      For sale - A well looked after immaculate condition Sky-Watcher Startravel 120 ota including tube rings/dovetail, 2" Sky-Watcher dielectric diagonal and 2" Baader Semi-Apo filter - £290. 
      There are the usual pock marks on the dovetail bar and a couple of scratches on the diagonal nosepiece caused by retention screws. The ota objective is dust free. Only selling due to a purchase of a 150mm  newtonian, (the viewing position doesn't kick off my bad back) and I don't have storage space for three telescopes.
      Brand new these items would cost in the region of £440.
      I will consider splitting the items only if the package doesn't sell within a reasonable time.
      Collection only from Liverpool. Payment via Paypal (buyer pays fees) or cash on collection.
      Social distancing rules required.
      PM if interested. Thanks for looking.

+ 2" to 1.25" draw tube adapter and end cap. There's also a 2" end cap no shown in the pics above.

• By trunting
      I've been having another crack at DSO imaging lately, and I've managed to produce this from 6 hours of integration: 
      I'm quite pleased with it but I'm very new to image processing, so I'd be incredibly grateful if someone wouldn't mind having a go at processing my data!

Image Info:
      Lights: 46x4min + 66x3min  Stacked with Dark, Flat and Bias frames Stacked in DSS and processed in GIMP Taken under Bortle 7/8 skies Gear:
      SkyWatcher ED80 0.85x Reducer Astro-Modified EOS 600D ZWO ASI 120MM Mini Guide Camera with 9x50 Finderscope HEQ5 Pro Mount There's some dust bunnies and other artefacts on the image that I know I could spend more time removing, however I'm wondering if I'm doing my data justice in processing!
      Thanks, Tom
      NGC7023 (2).TIF
    • By Crignog
      Hi! I'm very new to astronomy and have ordered a SkyWatcher StarQuest 130p as my first telescope, which arrives soon. As I understand it the tripod is the biggest weak link in the setup. Is it possible for me to buy a replacement, better tripod to improve my viewing experience overall?

Apart from the tripod what would you recommend upgrading?

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.