Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Uranium235

Rosette to Cone 6 panel mosaic (First Draft)

Righty ho! Last night gave me the chance to finish of the last of the six panels for the Winter project. Though one or two possibly need some more exposure (an hour or two) to bring the noise down to a more acceptable level. After thats done, I can move on to the OIII, and if time allows - perhaps some SII.

I suppose the good thing is that its still early days for this patch of the sky and it will be around for a couple of months at least - so plenty of time to finish it off. Total project time with OIII will be at least 30 hours, with SII - we're looking at something like 45.... like I said.. long way to go yet! :) 

12x900 (Ha) x6 panels

Star71, NEQ6, Atik 383L+

Thanks for looking! :)

39108821171_24604795ee_o.jpg

Fullsize: Here

• Like 19

Thanks guys :) hopefully I can get more done over the xmas break, got a couple of weeks off so surely I might get at least one clear night (yea right!!...lol)

Hope you get to add to this, looks great.

Puts things into perspective seeing one popular object (Rosette) and another not so popular object (Cone) and how close they are to each other.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, StuartJPP said:

Hope you get to add to this, looks great.

Puts things into perspective seeing one popular object (Rosette) and another not so popular object (Cone) and how close they are to each other.

Thanks Stu, the Cone is one part that needs a bit more I think. Its nowhere near as bright as the Rosette, plus the extra subs would help with the dark dust.

That is spectacular Rob....6 panes and Oiii + Sii also. I take my hat off to you.

Here's a thought. If you are struggling to finish this epic "canvas" within the next couple of months. Give me a shout.....Last resort.

Steve

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

That is spectacular Rob....6 panes and Oiii + Sii alaso. I take my hat off to you.

Here's a thought. If you are struggling to finish this epic "canvas" within the next couple of months. Give me a shout.....Last resort.

Steve

Thanks for the kind offer Steve :) but unfortunately I'd have to pass on the offer of free data - I'll PM you as to why ;)

Superb Rob, clicking on the image is a revelation!.  Having said that you would need a monitor the size of a large wall to really do it justice!  Are you sure about that SII, it will one or two tiny wisps of detail to the Rosette but worth 45 hours??