SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Darks at different binning?

1 hour ago, carastro said:

Unless you have stacking software that will cope with the different sizes, you'll need binned darks, flats and Bias.  I don't think DSS will accept it.  But I did do it with Astroart once (to my surprise).  

carole 

Even if you can resize binned darks and bias they won't work. The noise patterns are pixel by pixel and will be quite different binned and unbinned.

Flats are optical rather than electronic so might work when resized but it would be best to do binned and unbinned. Remember to use the right master bias (same binning as the flats) as a flat dark.

Olly

Flats are optical rather than electronic so might work when resized but it would be best to do binned and unbinned.

Yes you're right Olly, it was unbinned flats I managed to do with binned data on Astroart (we had a surprised conversation about it at the time I recall).  

I never do flat darks, I thought the bias was applied separately, or do you mean apply it twice.  Once as Bias and once as flat darks.  

Carole 

Archived