SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My second attempt at The Hyades. The first wasn't quite in focus so I had some annoying red rings around the stars, and the brightest stars were over saturated because of the longer exposures. So this time my plan was to combine some short exposures with longer exposures. However cloud put paid to that idea. So this is a stack of 60 10 second frames at ISO 800 using the Star Adventurer & my Takumar 135mm f2.5,  stopped down 3 clicks. I now have colour. :) Despite the short exposure it still captured quite a few stars. The faint one just bottom left of Aldebaran is mag 13.6. They were taken on the 14th Dec at about 7.30pm so Aldebaran had only climbed to about 35 deg. I forgot to use my CLS clip filter so a fair bit of light pollution was removed by Pixinsight's DBE although I still have a bit of a gradient bottom right. Nevertheless I'm still quite pleased with it, a bit more learning :) 

5a354cbba3c1c_Hyades135mm10secsISO800.thumb.png.38f9689e25fb5368fd754ab28303f81e.png

Archived