SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 281

Rodd

Trouble with my mount (fixed) trouble with my filter wheel (not fixed), and stormy weather has taken me out of the game for a bit.  Finally got the mount sorted out (bad cable), and was able to collect a very limited amount of OIII on the Pacman to add to my previously collected Ha.  No where near a completed image--but its all I am likely to have for a while.  It will be some time before I can image for real (filter wheel jams requiring me to frequently take camera off the scope to turn), which screws up my flats and makes imaging difficult.  I guess I am lucky to be able to put together any image at all considering.  Waiting for the ASI1600mmcool to arrive and hopefully will be able to collect some decent data while the STT gets sent back for diagnosis (again). There is something funky going on in the brighter red areas.  Maybe too much saturation.  Maybe just noisy due to limited OIII and no SII data.

TOA 130 at F5.38 and STT-8300.  11 30 min Ha and 5 30 min OIII

HOO-1.thumb.jpg.280a476c9f4f1b5c04069fa504c9af89.jpg

Looks very promising to me Rodd!

Right now all the stars are a bit greenish-blue on my screen but I understand that this is work in progress. Look forward to the final product (in ten subsequent versions...) and good luck with the sky mate! (I may finally have a clear one tomorrow)

59 minutes ago, gorann said:

Looks very promising to me Rodd!

Right now all the stars are a bit greenish-blue on my screen but I understand that this is work in progress. Look forward to the final product (in ten subsequent versions...) and good luck with the sky mate! (I may finally have a clear one tomorrow)

Wow...a real critics eye.  Maybe a bit--not so much on my screen.  It may have to do with no flats available for the blue channel.  66% of the image relies on 5 blue subs.  That can't be good!

Rodd

Archived