Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

F4.6 vs eyepieces

Ally8446

Just a quick one.  I'm drawing closer to getting a new 14" dob but I'd like to know at 4.6 will I have to take into consideration the purchase of new ep''s ? Currently I have 2 x BST and an ES 68° 24mm.

Cheers

Ally

6 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

So will I need a paracor ?

Eventually,  after my bank balance has returned to normality I'll get better quality glass, I just hoped my current kit would be 'ok'

As long as you are not going in the land of Ethos then I would say no, mine is faster and the effect it shows is worse than yours and at 68 degrees, as I said, I can live with, I feel you will be able to as well.

2 minutes ago, alan potts said:

As long as you are not going in the land of Ethos then I would say no, mine is faster and the effect it shows is worse than yours and at 68 degrees, as I said, I can live with, I feel you will be able to as well.

Cheers guys, my mind is settled.

You must find that the present eyepieces work well on your 12", which also settles my mind, as I wish to use my present eyepieces, should I upgrade. If not, I too will have to reconsider, but on axis with a properly collimated scope, visual only, I can't see there being an issue for my needs, yours neither ( at least I hope not!)
You'll know for sure soon!

Archived