SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Baader 12-16mm T2 Extension - How do you make it lock?

This is one piece of kit I just cannot figure out! Myself & 3 other mechcnical engineers fiddled with it for an hour and could get nowhere....

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-t2-extension-12-16mm.html

I want to set it at 14mm and lock it in place but cannot figure out how to do it :( I am absolutely happy to hear that I'm being an idiot and it's obvious

Ok i will try and explain

leave the bottom ring as shown in the picture, flip the top ring over and screw on to the bottom ring, screw it down far enough to get the total width to be 14mm, then screw the lock ring up to lock against the top ring... simples... thats how mine works.. :)

Here you go a better picture

screw the threaded part into the larger ring, and screw down till it stands 14mm high, then screw the smaller ring on the top and all the way down till it Locks against the bottom ring, making sure you don’t move the threaded barrel while you tighten

9E1524DA-E122-4B68-B211-6E6C960650F9.jpeg

I'm with Peje on this one. I have one and it only locks at 12 or 16mm depending on which way up the top ring is. You can make more or less thread appear above the locked rings but this thread disappears inside whatever it's screwed onto so has no effect on the overall spacing which is just the thickness of the two rings locked together. It would only work if the female thread you were screwing into had a very shallow depth and it jammed against the end. None of the items I have are that shallow for it to work.

Alan

7 minutes ago, symmetal said:

I'm with Peje on this one. I have one and it only locks at 12 or 16mm depending on which way up the top ring is. You can make more or less thread appear above the locked rings but this thread disappears inside whatever it's screwed onto so has no effect on the overall spacing which is just the thickness of the two rings locked together. It would only work if the female thread you were screwing into had a very shallow depth and it jammed against the end. None of the items I have are that shallow for it to work.

Alan

Its does work, trust me if you follow the instructions above.. :)

3 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

My T thread that i screw into is only 3mm deep so that’s why it works for me i guess, if all the thread is going inside whatever you are attaching too, then yes it wont work for you....i dont have that issue :)

Ah! Solved. :smile: The only way it would work for me or Peje is to put delrin spacers over the long threaded bit sticking out. Not really an adjustable 12-16mm spacer then. It should me marketed as a 12mm spacer with enough thread for up to 4mm of delrin spacers. :laugh2:

Alan

Just now, symmetal said:

Ah! Solved. :smile: The only way it would work for me or Peje is to put delrin spacers over the long threaded bit sticking out. Not really an adjustable 12-16mm spacer then. It should me marketed as a 12mm spacer with enough thread for up to 4mm of delrin spacers. :laugh2:

Alan

No that's not ideal at all ..

Thanks guys. The penny dropped on my way home from work, I want a male to female 14mm spacer. This yoke gives you a female to female spacer, I think.

No use to me but delrins and a generic 10mm spacer have done the job.

I'll see if FLO will refund this and my 46mm varilock and I'll put the money towards some nice filters :)

1 hour ago, Peje said:

Thanks guys. The penny dropped on my way home from work, I want a male to female 14mm spacer. This yoke gives you a female to female spacer, I think.

No use to me but delrins and a generic 10mm spacer have done the job.

I'll see if FLO will refund this and my 46mm varilock and I'll put the money towards some nice filters :)

No, it actually gives you a male to female, see pictures above..

1 hour ago, LightBucket said:

No, it actually gives you a male to female, see pictures above..

It's complex but in my view it gives you a male to female spacer in either 12mm or 16mm. The fact that it binds in your other equipment isnt relevant. 

As an adjustable and lockable spacer it is female to female and with different threads at each end.

Just my opinion, each to their own :)

33 minutes ago, Peje said:

It's complex but in my view it gives you a male to female spacer in either 12mm or 16mm. The fact that it binds in your other equipment isnt relevant. 

As an adjustable and lockable spacer it is female to female and with different threads at each end.

Just my opinion, each to their own :)

I really dont see what all the fuss is about, it works as it should and is not rocket science....lol.. :)

Archived