Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

This arrived from FLO today thanks to the combined advice of Wayne @Starlight focusers and Ted @Borg 

IMG_20190417_111655.thumb.jpg.23b438eb3a042b6672aca9686aef50d5.jpg

It means I can easily switch the Feathertouch focuser from my big dob (occasional use) to my Borg 71 (more frequently used for solar).  So <£40 cost rather than £595 for a new focusser ?

IMG_20190417_113839.thumb.jpg.3a2d8ea0dc2ee30b9f7037723ccc0927.jpg

These things never go completely without challenge though (particularly when dealing with Borg's weird and wonderful range of thread sizes) so I now need to work out how to get the FR which used to screw into the borg helical to work with a standard 2-inch focuser... ?

But pleased with progress so far! I just need some sun for testing!!

Helen

• Like 3

Not the postman but Amazon Prime.  Now I have a perfectly good post box and several good sheds to put packages in if I'm out but where did Amazon delivery put it???!!!  Somewhere in my quite large garden.  How I have to find it!!  I've already looked twice so now I'll have to don wellies and search the more overgrown areas.  Fortunately they took a photo but ATM I can't place it!

2000330388_Screenshotfrom2019-04-1913-02-44.png.23bde5e03cf76bad06b64997fc0ba9cf.png

1508740555_Screenshotfrom2019-04-1913-03-12.png.1b42861e01ed43fd0e156b65624eb8c7.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gina said:

Now I have a perfectly good post box and several good sheds to put packages in if I'm out but where did Amazon delivery put it???!!! 

A couple of times I've had packages left in my refuse bin!!! The recycling one, which is generally full of other (used) Amazon boxes. Now, of all the places.....

• Like 2

There are many very good delivery drivers out there that actually have fully functioning brains and treat your package properly.  However there are also those that would fail an IO test. ?

Bit of a lottery sometimes as to which one you get.

8AD02C59-0BB2-4D65-BC6B-BAFFAFAACF1E.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

After two circuits of the garden (about a third of an acre) looking in every nook and cranny I eventually found it in an old stockbox - a steel box about 5ft x 3t that went on the linkage on the back of the tractor, used for moving livestock between fields along the road.  I needed my long grabber to retrieve it as the box has a top and it's all rusted up.  The package was well out of reach by hand.

Yes, I too have sometimes had packages left in the dustbin!!

23 minutes ago, johninderby said:

My dustbins are kept behind a locked gate well out of the reach of delivery drivers. Have found a few packages that were tossed over the gate and landed on top of the bins though. ?

Christmas before last the Amazon delivery team, lobbed all our items over next doors 6ft wall.
They were ruined when we got them mid January of course!

It amazes me how these odd delivery folks remain in a job to be honest.

• Sad 1

Yes, I have had cardboard packages deposited by a hedge on a rainy day  !!!!..... even after I left a plastic box and brick by the entrance to the door..... and told them as such on the invoice notes 3 days in advance !!!!    Doh...!!!!!

Couldn’t be worse than this delivery fail. ?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/look-what-under-fire-delivery-2297921

Should always put the seat down. ?

And more brilliance from Hermes.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derby-mums-shock-after-catching-2288676

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

Don't worry it happened to us via littlewoods back in 2002 in th UK  and the kids new Nintendo Gamecube console for Christmas  delivery driver left it behind the hedge before the days of a card as to guess where it is well we could not find it until a week later ruined Christmas we had to send it back and eventually after a month received a new one after end Jan . Nothing changed, It is Ok here in France as we have a PostBox so the regular mail man/woman, and special delivery ie TNT,UPS……… have a skeleton key to open our box and voila... safe and sound if it fits, yes other wise a trip to a neighbour or local sorting office.

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

And more brilliance from Hermes.

I ordered a watch and delivered well never arrived who is Hermes...different names myhermes,parcelhero, who are there partners and do they take care of your parcels...

What really makes me shudder at the horror of it is Amazon’s in home delivery seevice presently in the US that they want to introduce in the UK.

Idea is you allow the Amazon driver to have an entry code to your door so they can enter your house and leave the package inside. Yea right as though I want that to happen let alone needing a new door lock fitting. They claim it’s safe as the key code is a one time use code that’s only valid for a few hours but still the driver would be alone in your house.

730B6E41-CE71-4D21-B868-CC4CFB678693.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

1 minute ago, Rob said:

It staggers me with these delivery situations!. I now have everything delivered to work.

My employer got so fed up with this option they now send all couriers away,
even including work deliveries!!   

• Haha 2

On 13/04/2019 at 15:55, Highburymark said:

Of sorts Gina. Although it has the complexion of an overripe banana, it's actually a "hyperboloid flat field catadioptric" - basically a Newtonian with ideas above its station. 

Just had a quick daytime first peak - focused on a local church spire - for an F/3.3 scope which has just been posted from Ireland, it appears to be perfectly collimated and very sharp. 

I hope you enjoy Mark. If you find collimation is off try rotating the focuser slightly. I could never get it set up correctly so the rotator could be used.