Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I've been arduino'd don't ask me why quit smoking so I thought let's buy a shed load of them and has ama?on been busy my postie loves me even bought a idiots guide. so nano, r3, wemo,  l293d shield. want to do a remote focuser, read read read.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

This remote arrived this morning. Hoping to use this camera on my SA mount with as few leads as possible.

9C64EFF8-926D-4C98-A75A-365B0298E693.jpeg

Looks good not seen that model before so had a peek online and it was nice to see it uses standard AAA bats, I have something similar with the giga t pro but it eats the expensive CR2 batteries so does not get used much. I do agree with keeping leads down to a minimum on portable mounts.

Alan

Just now, Alien 13 said:

Looks good not seen that model before so had a peek online and it was nice to see it uses standard AAA bats, I have something similar with the giga t pro but it eats the expensive CR2 batteries so does not get used much. I do agree with keeping leads down to a minimum on portable mounts.

Alan

Thanks Alan.  I found four rechargable AAAs in the house, so hopefully they will do the business.  The lead can also be removed from the wireless bit and plugged directly into the main handset so it can be used as a tethered option too.  Partially clear skies forecast tonight, so fingers crossed for at least a bit of a trail run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks Alan.  I found four rechargable AAAs in the house, so hopefully they will do the business.  The lead can also be removed from the wireless bit and plugged directly into the main handset so it can be used as a tethered option too.  Partially clear skies forecast tonight, so fingers crossed for at least a bit of a trail run.

Forgive my ignorance, I very much have my L plates on in this community/company. Is trail run a Freudian slip? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steveex2003 said:

Forgive my ignorance, I very much have my L plates on in this community/company. Is trail run a Freudian slip? 

Trail run is a spelling error, it should have read trial run.  Not sure what you are implying?

8 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Trail run is a spelling error, it should have read trial run.  Not sure what you are implying?

Absolutely no offence intended. My photographics skills are even poorer than my observational. My one and only attempt thus far (with an optimistically cobbled together load of junk) was just a trail mess. To the untrained eye, it is not remotely discernible as a night sky shot ? 

Edited by steveex2003
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, steveex2003 said:

Absolutely no offence intended. My photographics skills are even poorer than my observational. My one and only attempt thus far (with an optimistically cobbled together load of junk) was just a trail mess. To the untrained eye, it is not remotely discernible as a night sky shot ? 

None taken, I am definitely hangry just ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

This remote arrived this morning. Hoping to use this camera on my SA mount with as few leads as possible.

Must get one of those, my wired one has a habit of disconnecting from the Canon adapter join.

Guess you're filled with anticipation and can't wait to get your teeth into a test, hope it's not false hope (I'll stop now) :grin:

Dave

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Must get one of those, my wired one has a habit of disconnecting from the Canon adapter join.

Guess you're filled with anticipation and can't wait to get your teeth into a test, hope it's not false hope (I'll stop now) :grin:

Dave

Don’t worry I’m a patient man 

• Haha 1

On 03/04/2019 at 15:17, nicoscy said:

A lovely Nagler 26mm T5, serviced by Tele Vue and now good as new. 

While I do not have any cans of baked beans at home (please my fellow astronomers, do not castigate me to the bottomless pits of hell for this transgression), in the spirit of having something to show image scale, here is the Nagler 26mm next to its bigger brother and some pickled cucumbers in vinegar !!!

685C33FE-1384-441E-99A1-7E101B190D0B.jpeg

Those are indeed pickled gherkins not cucumber. 

This is a jar of pickled cucumbers. Proper home made ones. ?

C21F6152-DECD-4E9F-9A56-689D1B3729CC.jpeg

• Like 2

On 04/04/2019 at 14:00, steveex2003 said:

Thank you Dave. Much obliged.

My first serious EPs.

8BC830C7-4601-4DED-8E82-6A118F25E13D.jpeg

Woah!!  When did I miss those?  Those are the two I've been been waiting to come up on SGL classifieds!!   I could have completed my set with that pair!  ?

36 minutes ago, JOC said:

Woah!!  When did I miss those?  Those are the two I've been been waiting to come up on SGL classifieds!!   I could have completed my set with that pair!  ?

Can I ask, what are your experiences of the 4.5mm and 6.5mm? They will most likely be my next purchase. I read of much reduced ER for the 4.5mm, although not quoted as such. I find the ER of the two I have effortlessly comfortable with eye positioning. Is the EOFB as bad as some report? 
Coming from an Aero 30mm (which i really like) and a Hyperion Zoom and some Orion Plossls, these Morpheus's have been such a revelation in brightness, contrast and that glorious FOV.

27 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

They are only tiny, not like European gherkins.

i'm sure we can all agree, its what you do with your gherkin(s) that counts, not the size...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My Swiss friend serves us mini-'gherkins' with our Raclette - she refers to them in English as 'cucumbers'.  However, she also calls a long green salad cucumber a 'cucumber' too!