Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Every Photon Counts.

Not put it down since it popped through my letter box at lunchtime, thought this was pushed too much on this forum, maybe due to the author being a member or maybe because it only seems to be available from FLO, the forum sponsor. 

I was wrong!  Great read :hello2:.

• Like 2

On 12 February 2019 at 22:50, Stu said:

The correct sized Canon camera clip in caps work very  well, have you tried those?

Having this coming week off and having a cheque to take into the bank, I think you've incentivised me to go down to town and visit the camera shop as well. Its not a particularly large cheque - just a few quid.

3 hours ago, LeeRich said:

I tad dull but Mr posty has brought me some lovely PTFE sheet, rubber buffers and a load of stainless fixings for my pending bespoke EQ wedge projects ?

#excited 

That looks and sounds like it's going to be both fun and interesting - good luck! Post images of the finished product somewhere in these forums ?

David

4 minutes ago, David_L said:

That looks and sounds like it's going to be both fun and interesting - good luck! Post images of the finished product somewhere in these forums ?

David

Thanks David.

The thread is here if you wish to see it, please feel free to add some constructive criticism ??

Edited by LeeRich

Parcel Force not only did not deliver my parcels the other day, they then lost then when we went to the depot to collect them!

They found them 1 1/2 hours later.
Sadly one was damaged and the what had been a rather nice Vixen Aluminium tripod was dented and bent, so nothing to show other than sadness this morning ?

• Sad 6

Today from a secondhand bookseller of ex-library books ? 

IMG_20190216_125432.thumb.jpg.02cb0951266a8cb3e810e6d06f00bdc1.jpg

The irony is:

IMG_20190216_125452.thumb.jpg.bf8836a68599ab475f03bca33aa87819.jpg

That's the University where I did my Observational Astronomy BSc course, and where they've now closed the course ?  It is in pristine condition! and will actually serve as a reminder of my very enjoyable time doing that course!!

An AP Barlow also arrived - with added clouds...

Helen

• Like 7

On a far brighter note from my earlier posts, The Vixen GP Mount survived the rigours of Parcel Force ?
Excuse the mess behind in the image....

IMG_0877.thumb.JPG.f79f0c967b2627142ac9cacc2c077442.JPG

It does have a Vixen Counter weight too in the same green.

Nice tracked Lunar observing from now on with my ED103s ? ?

Edited by Alan White
typos
  • Like 9

35 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Should have had about £3 worth of microphone inserts inside... looks like the sewing machine  ran out of cotton! (They were only wireless in the sense of no wires...)

466987849_splienvelope.thumb.JPG.48054127383c69205a65900a5b27fe06.JPG

Oh dear oh dear, looks like the postal Gremlins have struck with you too.

Edited by Alan White
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alan White said:

How do you expect it and the 3.4 to sit alongside the Nagler 3-6 Jeremy?

Time will tell Alan. I must say I love the NZ, especially for travelling, but I want to see how a well corrected fixed FL eyepiece will compare. I'm still trying to ascertain if it's possible to have too many eyepieces ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I'm still trying to ascertain if it's possible to have too many eyepieces ?

No is the short answer.
That test is one so many of us keep trying.
Everytime I cut the collection back, I just buy more 'just to see'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Well, he's certainly a psychiatrist....

Just to prove I'm not totally insane then...

" William "Billy" Sheehan (born March 19, 1953), is an American bassist known for his work with Talas, Steve Vai, David Lee Roth, Mr. Big, Niacin, and The Winery Dogs. "

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Just to prove I'm not totally insane then...

" William "Billy" Sheehan (born March 19, 1953), is an American bassist known for his work with Talas, Steve Vai, David Lee Roth, Mr. Big, Niacin, and The Winery Dogs. "

Must be pretty talented ?

16 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Must be pretty talented ?

Great band, the Winery Dogs..Billy Sheehan on bass, Richie Koetzen on lead guitar and vocals (ex-Poison among others), and Mike Portnoy, drums (ex-Dream Theatre). If you've not heard anything of them and you like rock, have a listen to "Captain Love" on YouTube ???

Dave