SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 3 February 2019 at 11:43, Telescope40 said:

Hello.  Fancied a pair of Canon IS Bino’s for a while now. 

These have arrived. Looking forward to seeing if they are as they seem. 

Only observation so far is no objective dust caps. 

May have to remedy that glitch. 

Regards. John 

4988E5DA-94A2-4C49-A31C-217B01224BB1.jpeg

I have a pair of Canon IS binoculars. They're pretty good, but you've got to keep the button pressed for the IS to work, some AA's are needed and they could have been made so lens caps stay on objectives. Other than that I can't really fault them, they're nice to use, they're not that heavy and the stabilisation is a dream come true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Saganite said:

Very nice Ady !

I had a champagne coloured ED100 once, but I sold that also. You can't please some people !

You have a bit of a Moonlite theme going on now. :grin:

Thanks Steve,

I'm loving the ED120 and I'm grateful to @Grumpy Martian for selling it to me.

I do have a Moonlite theme going on now, which is an expensive habit. I'd like to fit one to my ZS66SD to replace the awful stock focuser but as that setup is pretty back heavy anyway, I'm worried that a Moonlite would make it too difficult to balance. 

Ade

• Like 2

How will it perform?

Its a 21mm Ethos! King of the eyepiece pile! You’ll climb in and fall into the view.

That, and the 17.3 & 8mm Delos, are the eyepieces that I’d buy again in a heartbeat if finances allowed.

Enjoy.

Paul

• Like 1

The Postman delivered a Celestron NexYZ phone to telescope eyepiece bracket today. Many of our visitors attempt to image through our telescopes with their phones and obviously have difficulty with accurate placement. Hopefully this will be a great help and it should get a good workout this Saturday if it's clear. Seems a nice piece of kit with good adjustment functions.   ?

• Like 2

Today Parcel Force delivered absolutely nothing, yes nothing at all!

They had my full address, e-mail and phone number and I was set in all day and they say
I had given insufficient address for delivery.
It's the same address every other courier and indeed Royal Mail deliver to all day, every day for the past 18 years.

I would love to have shared my purchase with you, but it's not to be......grrrrrrr!

Little rant over, please resume normal programming ?

To be fair to Parcel Force I am updating my post.

The seller miss addressed my parcels to another house in my street, no one was in!
This is due to a drop down menu when you online print address labels by postcode.
The self same issue happened when FLO sent a parcel to the wrong address, using the Royal Mail,
online portal, probably shared with Parcel Force.

Wrong address, not unable to deliver.
My good lady is now driving 16 miles each way to collect it from the depot for me.
Bless her xx

Edited by Alan White
added info and update.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

My first ever proper Observing Chair - Geoptik Nadira, courtesy of my 2 grown up daughters birthday cash gift?.

Ordered after lunch yesterday, delivered 10am this morning, well done Rother Valley Optics?.

Looks and feels small but solid, hope to give it a quick whirl this evening..

Dave

IMG_20190214_195958968.jpg

IMG_20190214_200010150.jpg

IMG_20190214_200016163.jpg

IMG_20190214_200042860.jpg

IMG_20190214_200027084.jpg

• Like 6

Parts for securing my observatory roll-off-roof for when I automate it, USB cable with right angle plugs for my all sky camera and large headed clout nails for repairing the roof.

• Like 1