SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Picked up a nice cheap s/h  Canon 400mm f/5.6 with an e-mount adapter (the iris is stuck wide open - oh dear ?  )
Just the ticket for my 2019 'Galaxy Quest' to see all the Messier catalogue in a year.

WP_20190202_10_52_48_Pro (2).jpg

Edited by Fraunhoffer
  • Like 3

A big box weighing very little arrived from FLO today, it was a little the worse for wear but I wasn't too concerned as I knew the contents were virtually unbreakable.....

9gylrbpy92ka.jpg.1da81ad8406432c6f2f060aad50b0b61.jpg

We live out in the sticks a bit here with dirt roads, so dust is a very big problem in the summer months (and moths too!).

My open collapsible Dob is a sitting duck for contamination from dust not to mention swarms of Australias finest bugs, so it seemed appropriate to order some protection in the form of an Astrozap shroud.....

9gylrbpy92ka2.jpg.a4eac2d6631d91f351e0ccf97f8068fd.jpg

Needless to say it's now pouring with rain so the dust will be settled, but the bugs will still be out there!

Edited by Geoff Barnes
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, iPeace said:

DSC_2290.thumb.JPG.2825555471e25c996f454970fea6bbec.JPG

Another eyepiece every scope should own, this one thanks to Steve @Saganite   - the most decent of gentlemen.

:happy11:     

Another satisfied 13mm/T6 owner. I finally got around to using mine a few weeks ago. :blob7:

PIC044.JPG.54acb21c9b4e6e69cda54fdd37a1defe.JPG

My 13mm/T6 on the right... and with my TeleVue 13mm Plossl (left) & 13mm/T1 (middle). :happy72:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Geoff Barnes said:

We live out in the sticks a bit here with dirt roads, so dust is a very big problem in the summer moths. 

My open collapsible Dob is a sitting duck for contamination from dust not to mention swarms of Australias finest bugs, so it seemed appropriate to order some protection in the form of an Astrozap shroud.....

Have you tried moth balls?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got these delivered by DPD today. Got them from FLO.

Vixen SLV 10mm, 6mm and a 10:1 fine focus knob for the 6 inch frac.

Just a couple of blue filters and a double set of polarisers and Perhaps a solar continuum filter and I think my astro kit buying is more or less done for the foreseeable future.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by reezeh
continuum filter added
  • Like 2

On 24/10/2018 at 22:14, Saganite said:

The last incoming eyepiece for some while I think. This is my choice for deep sky observing in my OOVX12L, giving 61X mag, TFOV  of 1.34 deg, and an exit pupil of 4.91mm.

IMG_0648.JPG

I have one of these ...incredible views with my 120ed 

• Like 4

On 06/02/2019 at 22:37, Stub Mandrel said:

Have you tried moth balls?

Ha ha!  Very observant Neil.

Do you know it's taken me two whole days to realise my spelling mistake - "moths" instead of "months"!

I wondered what the moth balls connection was! ?

(Corrected now!)

Edited by Geoff Barnes

10 hours ago, reezeh said:

Got these delivered by DPD today. Got them from FLO.

Vixen SLV 10mm, 6mm and a 10:1 fine focus knob for the 6 inch frac...

Hi @reezeh what are the dimensions of the 10:1 fine focus knob/wheel and could you provide a link as to where you ordered, as I cannot find it on FLO.

tnx in adv. :icon_salut:

16 hours ago, reezeh said:

Just a couple of blue filters and a double set of polarisers and Perhaps a solar continuum filter and I think my astro kit buying is more or less done for the foreseeable future.

We believe you ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Philip R said:

Hi @reezeh what are the dimensions of the 10:1 fine focus knob/wheel and could you provide a link as to where you ordered, as I cannot find it on FLO.

tnx in adv. :icon_salut:

Here's the link:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/bresser-telescopes.html

It's for Bresser hexfocus scopes if that helps.

I'll need to dig out my micrometer if you're really wanting the dimensions. It's quite a little brick of a thing; in that it feels well made and solid, heavy for it's size.

Dimensions:

50mm long total

44mm wide - coarse focus wheel 

34mm wide - fine focus wheel 

Edited by reezeh
Dimensions info added

10 hours ago, Ags said:

We believe you ?

I know, but I'm going to have to exercise some restraint and apart from an observatory, I've amassed pretty much everything I can want.

Years ago, when I was younger my stepdad built a shed with an opening roof; you can call it an observatory, but it took about three times my body weight to open the roof using the pulley... Perhaps I'll get a rolling roof one built one day, but don't hold your breath as I'm really averse to storing any of my kit outside to be stolen again.

• Sad 1

On 7 February 2019 at 21:27, DeepSkyMan said:

First purchase in my patient road to EAA capability, Hyperstar 3 for my 8” Edge.  Compliments of ABS.

CF5E102D-A91B-4A06-9CEF-53AE965253B1.jpeg

I know they're the same kind of thing; but I'd not mind knowing how hyperstar and fastar compare, having an 8" C8 with fastar myself. It's more just curiosity really, rather than a fanboy thing.

On 03/02/2019 at 14:08, AdeKing said:

Not the postman, but yesterday I met a friend and collected two new (and hopefully final for a while) additions to my astro arsenal. 

1) a new to me Giro Ercole Mini and counterweight bar. 

2) an ED120 of the gold coloured vintage complete with a very nice red Moonlite dual speed Crayford. 

Unusually the weather gods smiled on me and we had a cold but clear night down here in Dorset and I got to use them both. How often does that happen?

The mini ercole was fantastic to use with much more progressive tension on the axes unlike the Giro GR2 mini which I find a very much on or off affair. 

Now just need to decide on the fate of the Starwave f/11 which hasn't seen much use. 

IMG_20190203_133934.jpg

IMG_20190203_133948.jpg

IMG_20190203_134344.jpg

IMG_20190203_134407.jpg

IMG_20190203_134326.jpg

Very nice Ady !

I had a champagne coloured ED100 once, but I sold that also. You can't please some people !

You have a bit of a Moonlite theme going on now. :grin:

• Thanks 1