Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

nightfisher

What did the postman bring?

Recommended Posts

A simple but useful item. Padded strap for my new bins. Has quick disconnects so easy to remove the strap plus has two little expandable pouches that will convienently hold the lens covers so no more where did I put the lens covers.  ?

          John

Bins-1.jpg

Bins-2.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, johninderby said:

A simple but useful item. Padded strap for my new bins. Has quick disconnects so easy to remove the strap plus has two little expandable pouches that will convienently hold the lens covers so no more where did I put the lens covers.  ?

          John

Bins-1.jpg

Bins-2.jpg

I like the idea of the strap with pockets for the lens caps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

I like the idea of the strap with pockets for the lens caps. 

That looks perfect for my DSLR, can you tell me where you bought it from?

Thanks

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice strap John, I use an American strap similar for my cameras, uses similar clips, very convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A SW Equinox 66 arrived at mine yesterday. Should be a good lil match for the 183M :)

Despite reading about how poor the focuser is, testing mine with the Hypercam it feels solid with no movement or slop at all.

image.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Post person turned up with a few parcels, sadly missing one Special D that has gone astray.....
But here we are, the much desired return of the 19 mm Panoptic, old was was referred to as 'My Precious',
so I really have no idea why I sold it in the first place!

IMG_3222.thumb.JPG.d3bebd28fd368d61e1f5d32330ade5dd.JPG

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Post person turned up with a few parcels, sadly missing one Special D that has gone astray.....
This is for when I want longer eye relief from my incoming Nagler Type 6 or when sharing my scope with others.

IMG_3223.thumb.JPG.ce315d6e53320c60254ef23c41024ca0.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the much worked Post person turned up again today with my missing parcel ? only 24 hours late for a next day delivery.
|
The much wanted 7 mm Nagler t6 has arrived and  joins the 11mm t6 and 3-6 Nagler Zoom.
I have gone green on black again.

 

IMG_0725.thumb.JPG.c6602d3d576be33a93f5f756d1996ea8.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Well the much worked Post person turned up again today with my missing parcel ? only 24 hours late for a next day delivery.
|
The much wanted 7 mm Nagler t6 has arrived and  joins the 11mm t6 and 3-6 Nagler Zoom.
I have gone green on black again.

 

IMG_0725.thumb.JPG.c6602d3d576be33a93f5f756d1996ea8.JPG

Very nice Alan, but won’t you have to change your icon to a map of the USA. Or at least the Pacific Rim? ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Very nice Alan, but won’t you have to change your icon to a map of the USA. Or at least the Pacific Rim? ?

 

Not on this one, its made in Japan, but I feel you are correct as some are from Taiwan and China.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

William Optics Alt-Az mount from ENS Optical 

Waited ages to get one of this type of mount . 

Looks like it was made for the AZ4 tripod too ?

FB207991-61BB-4CE3-8D7A-B6A2E98EE076.jpeg

945501BF-3FDB-42BA-967A-5EF7EF1A1E8A.png

66E44A90-0589-4D97-BFED-329C6573B787.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2018 at 09:54, Dragon_Astro said:

A SW Equinox 66 arrived at mine yesterday. Should be a good lil match for the 183M :)

Despite reading about how poor the focuser is, testing mine with the Hypercam it feels solid with no movement or slop at all.

image.jpg

I do believe i sold you this, good to hear you like it.  I did spend  a bit of time one day faffing about with the focuser adjusting it, it can go tighter yet I think

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4mm Vixen eyepiece and pocket sky atlas delivered today

 

 

20180830_165814.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Pocket Sky Atlas, very good indeed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pair of battery clips for my leisure battery (to replace existing croc clips with wires to more user friendly connectors).

A SATA cable so I can add yet more storage to my computer!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You little beauty! I never ever thought I would have one of these, the EQ6-R Pro arrived today! ?

20180831_123324.thumb.jpg.d2ff1d232b83a49841a8ec70ae824840.jpg

Just one problem..... I didn't order it!!!

Tasco have sent back my Dob Go-To base unit in one box, and to my surprise they sent a second box (addressed to me).

Upon opening said box there it was, a shiny new EQ6-R Pro mount.

20180831_123350.thumb.jpg.598b9443f3564d638b87480181f65271.jpg

Very nice I'm sure, but of absolutely no use to me at all.

Some poor soul somewhere is wondering why they haven't received their order, well that's cos I've got it!

Tried to phone Tasco at 12.35pm only to be informed they close at 12 noon on Fridays!  ?

I will just have to wait until Monday now to get anything done about it, someone has made a big boob! ?

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last my long awaited custom adaptor from PreciseParts enabling me to use my Feathertouch focuser on my Tak.  It took longer to get from Heathrow to my house (10 days) than it did to get from Miami to Heathrow.  £54.04 in charges for the pleasure at this end also (although that was expected so not a problem, but still painful).

Very happy and very very well made.  Let's hope it fits ?

20180831_123024.thumb.jpg.2b3e913591c2a7688076e116cd5af323.jpg 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New ADM puck for my AVX Mount arrived from FLO this morning, which allows me to replace the saddle with an ADM Vixen saddle (had spare one from Skytee II) to improve the mounting of my scopes when used on the AVX. :) 

2501D590-BEC2-4938-A025-2E042AE1C27C.thumb.jpeg.8080893c2e479917d70c9134a56b02c3.jpeg7A329B37-F9FB-492A-AA29-485B1666791E.thumb.jpeg.f838a81ffefff40f3265230608eded29.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just arrived to me today courtesy of @kerrylewis a nice little Opticstar Ar80s to go with the 90mm I recently acquired. Happy little family now!! ? _20180831_191947.thumb.JPG.97f9f1c198ffa34f3aca0090baf4e0c3.JPGHopefully one for the imaging and one for the guiding when I eventually get all the required gubbins. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Geoff Barnes said:

You little beauty! I never ever thought I would have one of these, the EQ6-R Pro arrived today! ?

20180831_123324.thumb.jpg.d2ff1d232b83a49841a8ec70ae824840.jpg

Just one problem..... I didn't order it!!!

Tasco have sent back my Dob Go-To base unit in one box, and to my surprise they sent a second box (addressed to me).

Upon opening said box there it was, a shiny new EQ6-R Pro mount.

20180831_123350.thumb.jpg.598b9443f3564d638b87480181f65271.jpg

Very nice I'm sure, but of absolutely no use to me at all.

Some poor soul somewhere is wondering why they haven't received their order, well that's cos I've got it!

Tried to phone Tasco at 12.35pm only to be informed they close at 12 noon on Fridays!  ?

I will just have to wait until Monday now to get anything done about it, someone has made a big boob! ?

 

Finders Keepers!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RiponJas said:

Just arrived to me today courtesy of @kerrylewis a nice little Opticstar Ar80s to go with the 90mm I recently acquired. Happy little family now!! ? _20180831_191947.thumb.JPG.97f9f1c198ffa34f3aca0090baf4e0c3.JPGHopefully one for the imaging and one for the guiding when I eventually get all the required gubbins. 

You just need the AR90 f8.8 to complete the set.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

You just need the AR90 f8.8 to complete the set.  ?

Not sure the financial authorities will enable that to happen just yet!!! Not totally sure she's aware I bought the 90mm one yet ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wont be the postman who brings it, but by Sunday i will have Netflix (the all inclusive deal for 10.99 a month). Im sick of friends talking about all the great stuff that ive never seen.

TV is rubbish (all 300+ channels).

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LukeSkywatcher said:

It wont be the postman who brings it, but by Sunday i will have Netflix (the all inclusive deal for 10.99 a month).

Worth every penny me thinks!! ? Wouldn't be without it now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.